Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies in property and infrastructure. We place great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff and we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services to our clients.
Our London Project Management team has grown successfully and has an enviable list of blue-chip clients. To help continue our ambitious growth plans in Mission Critical+Technology Sector, Faithful+Gould is looking for ambitious and respected Project Managers with experience of:
- Delivering projects of a Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health nature such life-cycle plant replacements and upgrades / replacements of critical systems often in operational working environments.
- Mission Critical projects such as Data Centres.
- Delivering technically complex projects including infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Directors and Sector Lead in our new London offices and will play a permanent role supporting growth and raising our profile. The role has excellent prospects for individuals with the ambition to progress.
- Provide effective project management services across the Mission Critical+Technology Sector.
- Support senior management with complex projects.
- Involvement in business development, thought leadership and bidding opportunities.
- Help promote Faithful+Gould as collaborative member of our wider Project Management team.
Skills Sought in Individuals:
- You should have a relevant degree-level construction qualification and preferably be a member of a recognised professional institution eg RICS, APM, CIBSE, IET.
- You will have demonstratable experience of engineering and data centre projects, an engineering background is desirable.
- You will have demonstratable experience of delivering projects at all stages including from pre-construction through to handover.
- You will have commercial experience and be able to administer different types of building contracts.
- You will have an understanding of mechanical and electrical systems, and have an appreciation of industry standards for redundancy levels such as N+1.
- You will have an appreciation and knowledge of the skills, and techniques required as project manager in the wider context of construction.
- You will possess excellent communication, stakeholder and organisational skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
- You will have an appreciation of sector trends and you will maintain an active interest in standards and technological advances.
- You will have an understanding of engineering standards and construction methods.
- You will have a good level of IT literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite plus preferably MS Project or equivalent programming tool.
- You will have an interest in contributing to business development activities.
- Whilst experience with contractors and clients is valuable, you will preferably have experience of working in a consultancy environment.
- You should be self-motivated and able to work independently in a pro-active manner (with the support and guidance from colleagues and managers where required).
- You will demonstrate a keenness to learn and take on more responsibilities to help further your career.
- You will foster the company ethos through positive, professional and collaborative behaviour.
- Be able to provide driving license / passport or other proof of identification in order to successfully pass the security requirements of our clients.
- You will be able to travel (if required) to various project locations and accommodate occasional demanding workload to meet client deadlines.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.