Welcome to Faithful+Gould, an international professional services consultancy with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
Are you ready to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges across the UK? Join our collaborative team where everyone has a voice, and together we deliver excellence for people and the environment. No two people have the same priorities, which is why we want to hear from you and why flexible and remote working are central to our culture. So, talk to us about how we can support you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays; how we can make adjustments for you at work, or help your transition back after a career break.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Location - Bristol
Faithful+Gould are looking to bolster our team with a talented individual with either experience of delivering cost consultancy services in the retail sector or an interest in doing so.
With a diverse and strong pipeline of projects, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop their career within our thriving and expanding retail team. This role provides the opportunity to work on a multi-million-pound programme of works which may include:
- Net Zero - a sector-leading programme to reduce the carbon impact of existing stores.
- Refurbishment projects on the existing estate.
- Concession partner projects; and/or
- National roll outs and initiatives.
Join Faithful+Gould and you'll be part of a high performing team that delivers high-quality expertise, driven not just by success but also by doing what's right. You'll meet colleagues who are as talented as you and ready to support you to 'hit the ground running.' Collaborating with team members, clients, stakeholders and contractors, you'll also enjoy opportunities to mentor co-workers while progressing your career upwards.
- Deliver Cost Consultancy services on a range of food retail projects and programmes from inception right through to handover.
- Support expert within the team in compiling feasibility estimates, cost plans and tenders.
- Verify contractor costs through measuring quantities and comparing rates against agreed or benchmark rates, with the support and guidance of more experienced colleagues as necessary.
- Draft JCT and client bespoke contracts, purchase orders and payment notices.
- Support the Workstream Lead in preparing client cost reports.
- Work with the client’s Project Manager to manage change and control costs within budget.
- Provide advice on the cost of construction, design and employer direct suppliers.
- Identify opportunities for doing things better and saving our client’s money.
- Work directly with client stakeholders and assist in the development of the client relationship.
- Experience in the food retail sector (preferable), or wider retail or restaurant market.
- 2+* years experience as a Quantity Surveyor, ideally in a professional consultancy environment.
- Ideally, working towards MRICS* or similar accreditation.
- Ability to work to timescales and manage workload to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Client facing experience or desire to work directly with clients.
- Enjoys working collaboratively within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient at problem solving.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages.
- Driving licence essential – this role requires a degree of travel.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, tell us ahead of your interview and let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.