Associate Director Quantity Surveyor & Employers Agent
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- Stockton-on-Tees, Durham (GB)
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Commercial Property, Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We’re looking for an exceptional Associate Director Quantity Surveyor/Employers Agent to join our successful Property team in Stockton-on-Tees. The Stockton-on-Tees Office has a large portfolio of private and public sector clients and is at the forefront of our national delivery to the property sector, with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality services. Our focus is on the provision of pre and post contract commercial services to client organisations within both the UK and overseas from feasibility estimates, through procurement to construction. You will be able to demonstrate a broad range of commercial experience gained in the property sector and be able to work on your own initiative within multi-disciplinary teams.
Your experience in providing commercial construction services to the property industry will help us to continue to deliver a premium service to our clients, help maintain successful client relationships and secure new business in this sector.
- Ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of talented individuals
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software e.g. Cost-X.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- Managing and delivering pre and post contract cost consultancy/quantity surveying and employers agent services
- Provide leadership to the team to promote technical excellence in service delivery
- Embedding a quality service to reduce costs, increase performance and improve client feedback metrics with the aim to secure repeat business
- Supporting the development of career paths aligned to technical knowledge and experience.
- Extensive experience in preparing estimates for property related developments
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients at senior level
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- A sound technical quantity surveying knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues
- Managing project risks, reporting to stakeholders and generally supporting Client side responsibilities.
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient post-contract contract administration
- Experience in providing services under both NEC and JCT forms of contract
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation both Traditional and Design & Build.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in the private sector
- Take ownership of account management
- Attend sector led events locally and nationally to promote the F+G business
- Work closely with colleagues across all service lines to identify opportunities to cross-sell complementary services
- Play a key role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities
- Provision of and leading and supporting others in the provision of cost management, quantity surveying and employers agent services to our Clients, to the highest ethical and technical standards
- Developing and maintaining our reputation through developing business opportunities
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, acting as primary interface to help build client confidence.
- Providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements
- Acting as the commercial lead in the reviewing and reporting on all aspects of projects under your control.
- Playing a prominent role in supporting the generation of repeat business and assisting in developing new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- Be able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations
- Writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
- Holds a relevant construction qualification and be or working towards being a professional member of a recognised professional institution
- Full driving licence (desirable).
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from our wider international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert