Turner Property Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with a Client Side organisation based in London who require a Building Surveyor to join their busy in-house team. Their instructions mainly comprise work on occupied or vacant commercial and residential buildings of varying age and construction types but can offer a good split of professional and project work with some great day to day variation!
It is key in order to be considered to have some strong previous dilapidation experience and have a minimum of 3 years Building Surveying experience.
The role is mainly office based with the following primary responsibilities:
• Preparing specifications and schedules of work, including the use of NBS software, and take through tender stage and reporting thereon;
• Running refurbishment and redevelopment projects in the capacity as Contract Administrator;
• Inspecting and preparing schedules of dilapidations (mainly acting on behalf of Landlords) and agreeing settlement of claims;
• Undertaking building pathology inspections and reports;
• Undertaking inspections for licences for alterations and reporting thereon;
• Undertaking inspections and preparing planned maintenance reports and capital expenditure plans;
• Undertaking inspections and preparing schedules of condition; Concept Constructions Private:
• Accepting appointments under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and resolving disputes between owners or their appointed surveyors;
• Must have thorough working knowledge of computer systems including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and NBS;
• Would be desirable to have working knowledge of MS Project and AutoCAD;
• Able to travel around London and the home counties with some national travel occasionally required for certain instructions.
Key competencies: ✓ Confident and demonstrates excellent client facing skills ✓ Ability to effectively manage own workload with minimal supervision. ✓ Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Remuneration for this role will be up to £65,000 + Benefits + Bonus.
Please let me know if this role sounds of any interest and I would be keen to have a confidential chat today. A full description available for perusal!