- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Property Management, Cost Management
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. We are working with clients to create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects.
Our Controls and Assurance Team master complexity by combining our tried and tested project controls approaches with creative thinking and technology, bringing our clients projects to life with maximum impact. We are expanding nationally, with many exciting opportunities across Energy, Infrastructure and Industrial clients, there has never been a better time to join.
Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for Risk Consultants to join our highly successful team, supporting our clients across the North Region, based in either our Leeds, Manchester, Warrington or Stockton-on-Tees offices.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded individual to:
- Ensure the successful achievement of Risk Management objectives, with integration to the project delivery process.
- Lead and coordinate effective Risk Management activities to actively reduce risk exposure and uncertainty.
- Provide/implement high quality risk management standards and expertise to Project Managers on projects.
- Carry out risk analysis using industry leading software.
- Provide expert advice including daily, weekly or monthly schedule updates.
- Production of risk reports, as required, informing the Project Manager of significant cost and schedule impacts and their potential effect on progress and completion.
To join us you’ll need/have:
- A recognized diploma or degree or be qualified by experience with a qualification in risk management.
- Experience across either Energy, Infrastructure or Industrial sectors.
- Significant experience in all aspects of Risk Management, following ISO31000/ Institute of Risk Management/ Association of Project Management methodology.
- Experience of reviewing client Risk Management processes, providing advice for improvement.
- Support contingency allocation and contingency budget management through monitoring of contingency budget movements, whilst maintaining links between contingency and risk exposure.
- Experience of monthly Management Information (MI), reporting requirements up to Executive level.
- A good understanding of Cost Estimating and Project Planning techniques.
- Liaise with and promote proactive collaboration with other Risk professionals both internally and externally.
- Skilled communicator to effectively engage, promote and influence across a large range of internal and external stakeholders.
The right person:
To do well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- An analytical thinker, you’ll also be able to show initiative and examples of creativity.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert