Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success and growth, we’re looking for a confident and ambitious Quantity Surveyor to join our successful Commercial Services team in Newcastle. The Newcastle Office has a large portfolio of private and public sector clients and is at the forefront of our national delivery to the property sector, with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality services. Our focus is on the provision of pre and post contract commercial services to client organisations within the UK from feasibility estimates, through procurement to construction.
Candidates with experience in the health, education and commercial sectors will have the opportunity to work on a diverse and exciting range of projects and programmes of work from £1m to £40m+ supporting a variety of high profile local and national clients.
This is a terrific opportunity for someone to join our strong, growing and friendly team. We will support you in your career to the next level and reward you with a competitive remuneration package with a breadth of development and experience opportunities.
- Provide a full range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion, working both as part of a team and individually
- Prepare cost plans, estimates, bills of quantities, tender documents
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying services
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management and clients
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery
- Develop client relationships and provide an outstanding level of service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management
- A high level of behavioural and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively both internally and with Clients
- Ability to work well as part of a team, but also confidence and determination to deliver excellence in market-facing roles with clients
- Experience working for a professional quantity surveying/cost management consultancy business, with a demonstrable track record of delivering a high-quality service
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
- Ideally Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (or equivalent), or working towards final APC sitting in the next 12 months
- Desirable to have experience within at least one of the following sectors: Health, Higher or Further Education, Student Accommodation and Commercial
- Working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract
- A broad contact and knowledge base with sector and/or local markets
- Able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in the private sector.
- IT skills, such as MS office, excel, outlook, BIM / CAD measure, cost planning software CostX/CATO
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral team member
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- Full driving licence (desirable).
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from our wider international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.