Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we are dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you will benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
As one of the largest project and cost management consultancies in the world, Faithful+Gould has the strength to deliver leading projects. But, despite our international scope, we take immense pride in the smaller details too. If you’re the kind of person who shares our ambition for grand designs, but appreciate the importance of focusing on the finer points, you could fit right in.
We’re looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Glasgow. By the very nature of the projects you will be expected to perform pre and post contract services for the client and form part of a team approach to project delivery. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience in the specific areas to progress their career.
You will be asked to:
- Provide pre and post contract quantity surveying services and support senior members of the team in doing the same
- Plan, organise and control your own workload
- Continue to develop your technical knowledge and experience of quantity surveying
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to colleagues and clients
- Provide full efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice
- Conversant in all general aspects of quantity surveying
- Ability to prepare estimates
- Experienced in utilising software systems e.g. UNIFIER, CATO, CAD Measure, etc.
- Experience of working in the Pharmaceutical and Industry sector
- Good understanding and experience of managing NEC4 contracts namely NEC4 ECC.
• Assessment of the monthly application for payments for our contractors, verifying accuracy and compliance with contract
• Advising stakeholders where required on contractual and commercial matters.
• Issuing Purchase Orders, Task Orders and Call Off contracts.
• Assessing Application for Payment
• NEC Payment processes including detailed payment certificates and pay less notices.
• NEC4 Compensation Event
• Able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead on the preparation, monitoring and forecasting against budgets during design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning phases of a project
- Ability to produce financial and commercial reports
- Awareness and understanding of efficient commercial administration of projects
- Able to accept responsibility
- Regular client interfaces and development of longstanding professional relationships
- Ability to communicate to both superiors and subordinates
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.