Senior Building Surveyor and Project Manager
Job reference COLREQ00990
Date posted 18/01/2023
Application closing date 01/02/2023
Salary Up to £57,325 per annum, including market supplement, depending upon experience
Full Time 37 hours per week, Permanent.
Colchester Borough Homes are looking for a Senior Building Surveyor and Project Manager to join their Design and Construction Management (DCM) Team. You will take a lead on the design, procurement and management of capital and revenue funded building services projects to be delivered within both Colchester Borough Council and Colchester Borough Homes' building assets and be responsible for the line management of technical staff within the Team.
Applicants must be able to prepare design drawings in AutoCAD and preferably have experience of BIM and working within listed buildings and scheduled ancient monuments, working directly with Conservation Planners and Historic England.
Applicants must hold a degree or HND/HNC plus relevant experience in Building Surveying and be a Member of RICS or CIOB. Applicants must also have a proven record of managing building projects ranging in value from a few tens of thousands of pounds to several millions.
Colchester Borough Homes (CBH) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Colchester Borough Council. As part of the local business community since 2003, we are an award-winning organisation providing management and maintenance services to around 7,000 residential properties and the Council’s commercial and public buildings, including Colchester Castle and Colchester Town Hall.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to work in our Design and Construction Management (DCM) Team. We’re recruiting a Senior Building Surveyor and Project Manager who will report directly to the Head of DCM.
The successful candidate will perform the role of Principal Designer as defined by the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 and conduct building design for Capital building projects and Building Maintenance Programme (BMP) projects to be undertaken within both CBC and CBH building assets, including major refurbishment, new build, structural and minor project work in liaison with the rest of the Design and Construction Management (DCM) Team and external partners. Alongside this diverse range of projects, you can take the opportunity further career development.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and ICT skills
- An understanding of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service, working in a collaborative environment
- A positive attitude to learning new systems
You will be:
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Committed to providing an excellent service to our customers
- Able to work to tight deadlines and targets.
Benefits of working for CBH
In return, we are offering a competitive salary, including excellent benefits, which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme with a 20.2 % employer contribution
- Excellent training, development, and progression opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement, 23 days annual leave (increasing to 26 days after 5 years’ service), plus bank and public holidays and two extra company holidays during the Christmas period.
- The opportunity to buy up to another 5 days holiday, subject to conditions
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Provision of a smartphone and laptop
- Free parking (for when you’re in the office)
- Discounted gym member - corporate membership rate at Leisure World and the Northern Gateway.
- 1 Volunteering Day per year
- Free Flu Jab
- Agile Working at Colchester Borough Homes means having some flexibility about when, where, and how we work to best meet the needs of our role and service area.
Other employee benefits include payment of a professional subscription, Free yearly eye tests plus a contribution towards glasses for VDU use.
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Colchester Borough Homes are an equal opportunities employer. As part of our continued commitment to Equality and Diversity, and our workforce accurately reflecting the community we represent, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability. We are a Disability Confident Employer and a Mindful Employer. We also hold accreditations for Working Well, Investors in People Gold status and the Armed Forces Covenant.
You can find out more about Colchester Borough Homes by visiting: www.cbhomes.org.uk
For further job details please click here.
Or, if you wish to discuss the post further, please contact the Interim Head of Design and Construction Management, Rod Richardson on 07944 537436 for an informal conversation.
Interview date to be confirmed. Interviews will be held face-to-face.
How to apply:
Step 1 – Read the advert, Job Accountability Statement and Person Specification
Step 2 – Click ‘Apply online’ below and complete the application form in full, ensuring that you indicate how you meet the criteria contained within the Person Specification
Step 3 – Press ‘submit’