Faithful+Gould is looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Project Manager for its Project & Programme Management Team in the North. The successful candidate will join an established team of project and programme management practitioners and will play a key role in implementing our strategy for growth in key market sectors across the North and wider UK.
You will demonstrate a proven track record in delivering effective and efficient project management services to clients, ideally within the North UK. You will show a commitment to continuous improvement through learning and development and help to develop new business opportunities as you broaden your experience and deepen your client understanding. You will be eager to contribute to our strategic growth and initiatives that develop or technical excellence.
- Extensive Client facing Project Management experience.
- Experience within the Development, Property, Education or Public sectors is highly desirable but not essential.
- A highly motivated and collaborative Project Management Practitioner experienced in delivering best practice Project Management methodology.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to proactively lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- The ability to articulate construction industry knowledge and technical excellence to Clients and colleagues desirable but not essential.
- A keen desire to proactively support business development and growth.
- Effective delivery of project management services in a Client facing role.
- Lead the management and execution of construction projects through the whole project life cycle, utilising best practice methodology.
- Establish and build positive and collaborative relationships with all project stakeholders in accordance with Faithful+Gould's values.
- Act as Client interface in providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Responsibility for the commercial success of projects placed under your control; including the effective and efficient management of project accounts, governance and resource requirements.
- Ensuring service delivery compliance with Faithful+Gould's policies, toolkits, and standards.
- Provide guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members.
- Work with colleagues to mentor, coordinate and support the development activities of junior team members.
- Supporting the development of new business opportunities in line with business strategy and looking for market opportunities for new or repeat business.
- Support the preparation of fee proposals and bid submissions.
- Support senior colleagues on large scale complex projects.
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) preferably in a construction related discipline with 5-7 years post graduate experience.
- A chartered member of a recognised professional institute (MRICS, CIOB, MAPM or equivalent).
- A positive, collaborative and innovative approach able to work on your own initiative.
- Experience of building positive Client relationships and business networks.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams & delivering successful projects through a recognised project management methodology.
- Sound technical project management knowledge demonstrating established experience and aptitude.
- Experience of administering standard UK building contracts (NEC and JCT forms) and ability to advise on appropriate procurement routes.
- Understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to the UK construction industry.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- A valid driving licence.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team, based in the North West. We are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, can work proactively on their own initiative, who will provide an exemplary service to our Clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career and undertake Faithful+Gould’s development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.