- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- Cardiff, Cardiff (Caerdydd)
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking for a new challenge to progress your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise to all our clients. Due to continued success in securing major projects throughout the Welsh region and beyond, we’re looking for an exceptional quantity surveyor to join our highly successful team in Wales. Our projects range in value up to £20m+ and are with a variety of high-profile clients giving our quantity surveyors a diverse and exciting workload. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded quantity surveyor to:
- Manage commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Take a hands-on approach to manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with Faithful+Gould’s project management, health & safety, building surveying and consult teams in project delivery.
- Take the lead, set the pace and monitor all work executed at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients.
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying/Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion.
- Supporting procurement strategies.
- Site presence as required by specific project deliverables.
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents.
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying/Employer’s Agent services.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/clients.
- Assist in the mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- A member of or working towards professional membership of recognised institutions ie. CIOB or RICS.
- Experience with both private and public sector clients on major projects and a working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Commercially aware you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs, coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software eg Cost X
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary
- An ability to influence others using sound judgement and good sense.
- An individual who is keen to develop their professional network to support business growth and their own career.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense
- Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative
- An individual who is keen to develop their professional network to support our Swansea office and their own career
- This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our Clients.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you:
Faithful+Gould have been continually recognised as an industry leader and have won numerous honours such as Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the Building Awards!
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: Thinking of Joining Us? (snclavalin.com)
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert