Looking for a Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager to join a leading consultancy based in Sheffield
Our clients, a leading construction consultancy based in Sheffield are looking for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to join their team. The business is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, providing services on at a national level to a wide range of clients.
The office in Sheffield has a strong track record in Project Management and Surveying services, working on behalf of clients within the Public and Private Sectors, across commercial, retail, heritage, education, leisure, residential and industrial. The Quantity Surveying team are now looking to appoint a junior Quantity Surveyor or Cost manager to assist with an ongoing pipeline of projects, in a wide variety of sectors. For the right candidate, the company are also willing to assist with completion of an APC. This will suit a graduate surveyor who has either studied quantity surveying part time whilst working for a consultancy, or someone who has worked for a few years since graduation from a full-time quantity surveying degree
Your new role
You will be assisting on a range of projects as a quantity surveyor or cost manager up to the value of £40 million. Your role will be varied, dealing with clients across the public and private sectors, gaining exposure to an even blend of technical surveying and project delivery workloads. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Assist the team with projects being run by the consultancy
- building contracts, tender processes, and planning applications.
- Help to prepare for meetings with clients to discuss project ideas and construction requirements
- Work with internal teams to ensure service delivery meets expectations
- Assisting partners to develop new business opportunities with existing clients and report your findings and suggestions
- Identify ways in which existing services can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate person with in the team.
- General Quantity Surveying work as and when needed
What you will need to succeed
- Relevant degree, but not essential if experienced and can be evidenced through work.
- Experience of working in a similar Quantity Surveying role, preferably from within a consultancy environment
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary based on experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working options
- Company matched pension, life assurance and a wealth of benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.