Working at Allcott Associates
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive multi-disciplined team of RICS surveyors and structural engineers, all supported by a committed group of in-house administrative staff.
As an independent firm, we can offer complete flexibility in working packages and job specifications. We pride ourselves on offering a fantastic work–life balance: if you need to work around family commitments or if you just want to avoid rush hour travel, we can work with you to make that happen. If you can bring something new to the table, and help us take our year-on-year growth to the next level, there are opportunities for partnership for the right people.
We are looking for an RICS building surveyor to carry out out full building surveys and homebuyer reports on residential properties.
The role is home based and flexible, with full- or part-time considered. Survey patch is tailored to each surveyor’s home location. Our excellent in-house administration team supports our surveyors with everything from bookings and diary arrangements to typing up reports, and so the desktop burden on our surveyors is extremely light.
Required skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will be an MRICS, FRICS or AssocRICS residential building surveyor, and be confident in carrying out residential level 2 and level 3 surveys. They must have a comprehensive knowledge of building defects, maintenance and repairs.
You will need to have experience of:
- a wide range of structural and building defects
- preparing and presenting comprehensive, accurate survey reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence.
A full UK driving licence is required.
- Salary of approx. £55K–£65K+, depending on experience, plus £5K car allowance
- A diverse building surveyor job role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- attractive car allowance or company car
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- a performance-related bonus scheme
- provision of all surveying and home office equipment
- private health insurance
- life insurance
- pension contribution
- enhanced parental leave.
How to apply
You can submit your CV and application below or via the ‘Apply Now’ button. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 200 7198 for more information.