By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in strategically contributing to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and Stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid. As we work towards our mission and goals, UKAEA has devised values (Innovative, Committed, Trusted and Collaborative) that capture the spirit of how we work.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a proactive and collaborative Deputy Head of Campus and Property Development to join our growing Campus Development Team.
You will have a professional approach with commitment and drive to deliver our ambitious growth aspirations and actively manage our existing commercial property portfolio of c.40 tenants. With a passion for people, you will be leading a team and engaging with stakeholders to deliver results.
What will you be responsible for?
- Supporting the delivery of our Framework Masterplan to see the campus transform over the next decade and beyond. Working closely with the Head of Campus and Property Development to plan and implement the masterplan and our aspirations for growth.
- Ensuring that the UKAEA property strategy for Culham and other sites aligns with changing government requirements, reflects the strategic workforce plan and embeds delivery plans. This will also include supporting the delivery of our Sustainability Strategy.
- Management of land ownership, legal issues, planning matters, asset valuation, business rates, acquisitions and disposal.
- Delivering asset management initiatives.
- Assisting in the delivery of the £200m construction programme at Culham Campus.
- Contributing to the management of UKAEA’s property interests at Harwell.
- Budget and commercial property turnover management.
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional institution
- Extensive property experience, preferably gained in both the public and private sector
- Commercial acumen and strong negotiation skills
- Track record in property asset management/development
- Highly focussed on providing excellent customer service, stakeholder engagement, team building and staff morale
- Highly organised and self-motivated, and able to deliver in a high-pressure environment
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- Experience of Joint Venture development projects
- Knowledge and understanding of NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract
- Experience of Public Procurement rules
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes an outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; corporate bonus scheme and a relocation allowance (if eligible). We have a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, flexible working options including family friendly policies, emergency paid leave, generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 23/02/2023. We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit the UK Government website. If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.