Senior Building Surveyor
- The Crown Estate
- London & Regional/ Homeworking
- Highly Competitive with Great Benefits
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Building Surveyor, General Practice, Planning and Development, Cost Management
- Chartered Surveyor, Senior Manager, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
- Public Sector
Purpose of Role:
The successful candidate will work closely with The Crown Estate’s Central London and Regional Portfolios Building Surveying Team to deliver effective, and value add Building Surveying support to the internal Crown Estate team and their external managing agent partners.
Whilst helping us plan for the future, a significant part of the role will also be to lead on an extensive programme spanning our entire London and Regional estates. This will require the oversight of multiple external consultants, project managers and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the in-house teams and external partners to prioritise, implement and manage a long term programme of works.
- Manage and recommend annual budget submissions in respect of both revenue and capital expenditure and report thereon.
- In collaboration with the internal stakeholder and managing agent partner teams plan and manage the delivery of Building Surveying services, multi disciplinary professional services, Planned and Reactive Maintenance project works and capital/revenue construction works to deliver the stewardship and business objectives.
- Provide oversight and lead the technical direction in respect of the management of a portfolio wide surveys and repair programmes.
- Manage the delivery of portfolio wide Building Surveying advice and act as client representative in the delivery of capital/revenue projects as required.
- Prepare and deliver high quality management reporting.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills (Essential and desirable):
- MRICS qualified at either Senior Building Surveying/Associate level or with equivalent client-side experience.
- Proven experience of project delivery expertise, preferably across all sectors.
- Considerable experience of planning and delivering planned maintenance and capital programmes on larger estates.
- Demonstrable commercial market knowledge and understanding of portfolio and occupiers needs to inform the process of unlocking value through decision making.
- An aptitude for effective team working, including active listening to others and appreciating and encouraging the views of others to be expressed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert