Strategic Estates Lead
Salary: £71,808 - £79,364 per annum
Job reference: RA0004510
Full-time - permanent
About us and the role
Make a difference working for Warwickshire County Council (WCC) and contribute to our aim to ‘make Warwickshire the best it can be, sustainable now and for future generations’. – As the Strategic Estates Lead, you can be truly influential in making this happen.
You will lead the Strategic Assets and Property Compliance team, setting the strategic direction for our property portfolio, with responsibility for the Council’s letting, disposals and acquisitions strategies and for ensuring property related projects are effectively commissioned, approved, and delivered to required timescales and budgets. Your portfolio also includes contributing to our Sustainable Futures Strategy and net zero targets, compliance with H&S legislation, acting as the Council’s principal property advisor in relation to the Warwickshire Property Development Group company, and working collaboratively across partner organisations to deliver on initiatives such as One Public Estate and Levelling Up. You will help shape and drive the future growth and development of the county and help to create strong, vibrant, sustainable, and inclusive places where people want to live, work and visit.
You will lead a team of property professionals, working closely with the delivery arm of property as well as with service leads from across the Council. Your persuasive and effective management skills will support you to build and maintain relationships with a variety of partners and stakeholders. Sector specific experience is important, together with your strong strategic and commercial focus.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Delivery of the Energy Strategy and maintaining ISO14001 Environmental Compliance.
- Representing the Council across initiatives such as the County’s One Public Estate and Levelling Up agendas.
- Proactively managing the Council’s leased estate including Offices, Industrial and Rural lettings, to ensure the portfolio is properly maintained and rental growth targets achieved.
- Acting as principal property advisor to the Council in the delivery of the Business Plan of the Warwickshire Property Development Group (including the development and strategic promotion of sites and the day-to-day management of the Council’s leased portfolio).
- Ensuring the built environment complies with the relevant H&S legislation (such as Asbestos, Legionella and Fire) and to support the team in ensuring CDM compliance on all construction projects.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholder groups, engaging with stakeholders in the development of asset management plans and ensuring all relevant directorates are engaged before recommendations are proposed for decision making.
- Defining the required commissioning intentions and plans based on service demand, whilst ensuring the best use of resources to achieve the commissioning intentions.
- Ensuring new projects are properly commissioned, approved, and delivered aligned to the Council’s commissioning and delivery operating model, required timescales and budgets.
- Oversight of recruitment, performance management and budget accountability for the team.
If you would like more information about the role please contact: Sarah Duxbury, Assistant Director - Governance & Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Luke McDonald, Specialist Recruitment Team Lead at email@example.com
For further information on this role please see the Job Description & Person Specification or click the link below for an overview of WCC and the role on offer.
1st Stage – Informal Chat – Planned week commencing 27/02/2023.
2nd Stage – Stakeholder Panel – Planned week commencing 06/03/2023.
3rd Stage – Panel Interview – Planned week commencing 06/03/2023.
Unsuccessful candidates will be notified at each stage of the process.
To apply, please visit our website.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button, please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Closing date: 16 February 2023.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities.