Rural Adviser / Rural Planner - Suffolk
- Beach Baker Property Recruitment
- England, Suffolk
- £30000 - £38500 per annum + Great benefits
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Land, Property
- Contract Type
- Planning and Development, Rural
- Chartered Surveyor, Graduate, Assoc RICS
- Business Type
- Client, Consultancy
Rural Adviser / Rural Planner - West Suffolk
£30,000 to £38,500 (dependent on skills and experience)
- No Fee Targets
- Only 35 Hours per week
- Every day is different
- Beautiful location on a Rural Estate
Are you passionate about property and estate management and do you have knowledge about rural property issues? Do you enjoy supporting and advising others? Are you interested in influencing policy and delivering real change in the rural sector?
Beach Baker are delighted to be working alongside The Country Land and Business Association (CLA) to recruit for a Rural Adviser in their Newmarket office.
The Country Land and Business Association (CLA) is a dynamic, forward thinking membership organisation for owners of land, property and rural businesses, who has been championing the interests of rural England and Wales for over 100 years. CLA members own or manage around half the rural land in England and Wales and more than 250 different types of businesses.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in supporting CLA members to navigate the challenges they face, highlight opportunities to help them thrive, and lobby on their behalf.
Working closely with the East team, and national property, land use, legal and tax teams, you will provide advice, opinion and guidance to CLA members on a range of issues relating to land ownership, occupation, land use, planning and rural business.
You will also contribute to policy development work and represent members' views at stakeholder meetings.
So where will you be working and what's in it for you?
The role is based on the outskirts of Newmarket in Suffolk with flexible working available up to two days a week.
Travel across the region will also be required as part of this role.
You will be working in a small, friendly team who are very passionate about the organisation and rural affairs. You will also be part of the CLA's wider national team of over one hundred highly motivated individuals across England and Wales.
- Preferably have experience of land management and property issues including agricultural, commercial and residential tenancies, infrastructure projects, compulsory purchase, planning, diversification, renewables, utilities, public access and other issues experienced by rural farms, estates and businesses, although training and support will be available
- Ideally have a working knowledge of the rural planning sector.
- Be positive and have willingness and energy to engage in a variety of new subjects
- Have a desire to make a difference by helping farmers, landowners and rural businesses to influence policy
- Enjoy working with rural communities and building professional relationships
- Have a broad appreciation of rural issues
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a high level of computer literacy
Employee Benefits include:
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 26 after two years' service, and 29 days after three years' service
- Employer's pension contribution of up to 10% of salary
- Life Assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- A Learning and Development programme, with a £500 pot to spend on career progression each year
- And lots more!
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest confidence by Dan Cole. Please call our office on 07443 880 834 or alternatively send your CV (at this stage do not worry if it's not up-to-date) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Beach Baker Recruitment for review.
Beach Baker provides specialist and comprehensive recruitment services to the Real Estate industry. The work we undertake is confidential, targeted, and impactful.
Our clients are dynamic, and we reflect that in our belief in challenging the conventional ways of working. We like to solve recruitment needs quickly and we recognise the significant relationship between company’s recruitment strategies and the candidates they hire.
Beach Baker appreciates the privilege of partnering our clients as a trusted recruitment advisor. We have a passion for property and therefore building strong personal connections and business relationships over the long term is very important to us all.
- To provide our clients with the highest quality recruitment services delivering efficient, professional, and business minded solutions.
- To act with integrity in all our work, placing the highest value on teamwork and partnering our clients.
- To build a sustainable, successful firm, focused on wellbeing of our team and supporting our local communities.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or log onto www.beachbaker.co.uk
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert