Senior Surveyor/Associate Director
- BPS Chartered Surveyors
- £45,000 - £60,000 + Significant Bonus
- Closing date
- 14 Mar 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Planning and Development, Project Management, Valuation & Ratings
BPS Chartered Surveyors
Senior Surveyor/Associate Director - Valuation/Development
£45-60k + significant bonus
Due to the continued growth of our business, we have an excellent opportunity for a qualified valuation/development surveyor to join our sociable team testing development assumptions including valuation methodology, development and site values, preparation of appraisals and reports.
The company is based in Dorking although we act for 80% of London Boroughs and throughout the Southeast.
Our work is currently focussed in the planning system and a reasonable knowledge of viability in a planning context and development in general would be a considerable asset. Candidates should also be able to manage meetings and presentations with clients and at Planning Committee. BPS also regularly acts as Expert Witness in Planning appeals and Public Inquiries.
The practice is also seeking to expand both the range and scope of its services and further broaden its client base and this role offers the candidate the opportunity to help deliver this ambition, as well as contributing to the current extensive and varied workload.
An opportunity exists for a self-motivated and ambitious team player to further develop their experience and expertise in a refreshingly dynamic team in a supportive environment.
Skills and Experience
- Valuation/development appraisal expertise with knowledge of the planning system
- Highly numerate
- Familiar with Argus Developer and proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good report writing skills
- Articulate with good presentation skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and good negotiator
- Be innovative and confident to share ideas with colleagues and clients
- Fun, lively personality and good team player
- Keen to contribute to the further growth and success of the business
- Flexible approach to meeting clients needs with a client focused mentality
- Some experience of the public sector ideally
Over the past 24 years BPS Chartered Surveyors has established itself as a leading, niche practise providing services to over 70 local authorities and public sector agencies. We pride ourselves in our commitment to excellent, tailored services, value for money, and personable relationships with our clients, which in turn have allowed us to grow rapidly in London, the South East, and East of England. Members of our team will have the opportunity to work in and around the City, whilst enjoying the convenience of a quieter office location in the picturesque town of Dorking. Day-to-day activities include; reporting and advising on viability in the planning process, preparing cases and eventually standing as expert witness in appeals, assisting in the development of planning policy, including Local Plans and CIL Schedules, development consultancy, valuation and appraisal, and other general property services, all of which provide an exciting and variable working day ideal for enthusiastic APC Candidates and qualified surveyors alike.
- 01483 565327
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert