Chartered Building Surveyor/Project Manager/Management surveyor
- London Quakers Property Trust
- Friends House, Euston, London – Travel required around London
- c£55k (Depending on Experience and contract)
- Closing date
- 19 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term Contract
- Building Surveyor, General Practice, Project Management, Property Management
- Chartered Surveyor, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
The London Quakers Property Trust is in a process of change, join us to support the change and ensure LQPT continues to offer meeting spaces for its London congregation.
There are many challenges ahead of us but equally many opportunities, this is an exciting time to join our organisation.
LQPT has an extensive property portfolio across London and a program of planned periodic maintenance (quinquennial surveys) and repairs/improvements. We own 33 Quaker Meeting Houses across London and 10 of them are Grade II Listed. Two new Meeting Houses have been built in the last 10 years, including a ‘passive house’ standard building. There is also a significant investment portfolio. We have three Meeting Houses recently vacated and ready to find a future.
LQPT has developed a strategy which can be summarised as fewer but better Meeting Houses.
LQPT also holds a small portfolio of residential properties half of them are currently let at market rent levels half of them are used by resident wardens. These properties need to be kept in good condition and planning periodic maintenance on them is overdue. This role will spend some time planning the next five years of repairs and maintenance.
Finally, we are in a time of extensive social change with increasing levels of deprivation and sky-high building costs. As a charity we need to decide what our future will look like and what the next steps should be. Join us and contribute to a bright future for LQPT!
- Plan, commission and completion of the agreed Quinquennial surveys and liaison with the local premises committees.
- Securing and managing contractors, and ensuring at pace delivery of the agreed QQ works programme for the year.
- Provide expert advice, response and action any emergency work, current and arising.
- Communicate effectively and regularly about the progress of work with staff, trustees, premises clerks/committees and any other stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all health and safety checks are completed.
- Liaison with Residential managing agents on lettings.
- Provide mentoring, technical advice and training to support the development of others within the immediate team and premises committee volunteers.
- Providing regular performance updates and advice to the Senior Manager on all aspects of property management.
- Assisting with the review of maintenance work and system, consider and suggest improvements to our service.
- MRICS qualified Building Surveyor with a personal and professional dedication to your ongoing development.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as a building surveyor
- Exceptional experience in budget setting and management.
- Excellent technical knowledge and expertise in the field of building surveying including sourcing and managing contractors.
- Strong working knowledge of office software and advanced knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Knowledge or access to trustworthy contractors
Skills and Abilities (Essential)
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to deal with a wide range of customers, and partners including vulnerable adults.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and judgement by interpreting a range of evidence to provide relevant advice and reach sound conclusions.
- Able to think in the long term and contribute to strategy.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Health and Safety Certification IOSH or NEBOSH or considerable experience on health and safety certification,
Desirable criteria (non-essential):
- Knowledge of property investment in particular working with housing associations and/or developers.
- Relevant experience with heritage/listed buildings or conservation qualification.
- Knowledge and understanding of faith organisations.
LQPT is an equal opportunities employer, no need to be of any particular faith. For the right candidate we will consider flexible working hours, compressed hours etc.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is the practice of LQPT to examine job descriptions from time to time and to update them to ensure they relate to the job as being performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This will be conducted in consultation with you. It is LQPT’s aim to reach agreement on changes, but if agreement is not possible, LQPT reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description, after consultation with you.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, a personal statement, and a short portfolio. 5 sides of A4 Max.
All applications should be submitted by mid night 19 March 2023.
By email to: Seniormanager@lqpt.org
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert