Director, Valuation - Leeds/Yorkshire
- Apex Property Recruitment
- Leeds, West Yorkshire + Homeworking
- £Director Level Package
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Commercial Property, General Practice, Residential Property, Valuation & Ratings
Director, Valuation - New Leeds Office!
We are looking to recruit a Director into our clients soon to open office in Leeds. This is a national firm with over 150 people in multiple service lines. There are already a few Leeds based surveyors in other service lines and they need someone to head up their Yorkshire market.
This role will have the benefit of having an office in Leeds and also offer home based working.
To work closely with the Head of Valuation and Valuation Regional Director to develop, grow and advance the company’s valuation offering in a specified regional area(s), whilst meeting and exceeding current client requirements. This is to be achieved through business generation, first class valuation execution, meeting predetermined financial targets and contributing positively to the wider valuation division. In delivering this, the individual will be actively contributing to the company’s primary objective which is to be “a successful national property consultancy offering a full range of professional property solutions from a network of offices across the UK.”
A management and fee earning role which combines the requirement to contribute to developing an innovative, market leading team and deliver strong financial outcomes.
1. Provide input and support with valuation division strategy, growth, and business generation/ development
2. Meet and exceed personal financial targets set
3. Play a prominent role in the team, lead by example, take responsibility for, and support, the regional division team members in both their professional development and meeting their financial targets
4. Provide support in the recruitment strategy and process for the region
5. Secure, maintain and develop strong local client relationships
6. Perform and execute valuations efficiently to consistent, exacting, high, standards within deadlines
7. Peer review valuation reports produced by team members
8. Provide mentoring, technical support and advice for team members
9. Oversee engagements and service delivery for the region
10. Organise time efficiently to facilitate the delivery of the role requirements
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge
List any academic or practical education required to perform the role. What experience does the position require the job holder to have obtained in past roles within or outside of the organisation that would demonstrate a level of proficiency.
1. Minimum Batchelor’s Degree and relevant work experience
2. MRICS or FRICS Qualified (7 years+ PQE)
3. RICS Registered Valuer with strong technical valuation skills and in-depth knowledge of valuation techniques
4. Proactive, approachable with proven experience in the valuation field
5. People Management experience
6. Customer and performance focused with an already established client network, and proven business winning capabilities
7. Candidate must be proactive, highly organized and able to meet strict deadlines with attention to detail
8. Articulate, with excellent communication skills and strong collaborative/ team work ethic
9. High quality report writing skills with experience in reviewing reports prepared by other valuers.
10. Detailed knowledge of major valuation software packages which are utilised on a daily basis, together with Excel spreadsheets.
11. Understanding of KEL, Argus Capitalisation and Developer software
12. Self-motivated while working as part of an energetic and enthusiastic team
13. Enjoy working under pressure and meeting deadlines
14. Good analytical and numerical skills
15. Responsive to change and improvement
16. Strategic and critical thinker with strong levels of insight and intellectual curiosity
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert