- The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- National HQ, Cambuslang, Newbridge SDA, Edinburgh or Dyce SDA, Aberdeen
- £38,006 - £41,910 per year dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Commercial Property, Estates Management, Property Management, Valuation & Ratings
- Chartered Surveyor, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
- Public Sector
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service would like to invite applications for the post of Estates Surveyor, based in National HQ, Cambuslang, Newbridge SDA, Edinburgh or Dyce SDA, Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
This is a full-time opportunity, working 35 hours per week, however applications from individuals seeking to work on a part time, job share or flexible working basis would be considered.
The successful candidate will be required to support and assist the Estates Manager in the provision of a broad range of estates services ensuring the professional management of the acquisition, retention, disposal, management and operation of property assets as required by the organisation to deliver our vision and meet our corporate priorities.
- Previous experience of Commercial/Public sector property valuation particularly with Discounted Replacement Cost.
- Experience in negotiating and agreeing leases and lease variations, general agreements, wayleaves and servitudes.
- Experience in negotiations and organisation of property disposal and acquisitions.
- A history of dealing with Non-Domestic Rates appeals and general estates matters.
- Applicants are required to be a full member of the RICS and hold Registered Valuer status.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern in terms of location and times but will be required to stay away overnight sometimes in the year.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all sectors of the community. In addition, we are committed to being a “Disability Confident Employer” and will ensure that all applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role are invited for interview.
To apply for this role and for further details of our recruitment process please click apply now.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert