- The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Cambuslang/ Homeworking
- £33,640 - £37,089 per year
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Commercial Property, Estates Management, Property Management
- Chartered Surveyor, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
- Public Sector
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) would like to invite applications for the post of Property Officer, based in Cambuslang on a permanent basis. This is a full-time opportunity, working 35 hours per week however, applications from individuals seeking to work on a part time, job share, or flexible working basis would be considered.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a one door property management and maintenance service covering properties throughout a defined area as determined by the Scottish Property Manager. This will involve a range of activities such as:
- Building inspections and surveys, provision or reports Identifying and rectifying defects via contractors
- Managing service provision and ensuring statutory compliance
- Coordinating reactive and planned preventative maintenance
- Monitoring contractors’ performance
- Monitoring and directing construction / adaption projects,
- Procurement of works, budgetary and quality control of works
Regular travel is a requirement of the role with the occasional need to stay overnight away from home. The post holder will also be required to participate in Standby Rota, with an on-call provision one week in five.
Candidates must be educated to HNC level or have equivalent experience in a relevant subject or be fully time served in a relevant trade. Previous experience of repairs and maintenance works, project management, Hard FM contracts and statutory compliance are also essential for this role.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all sectors of the community. In addition, we are committed to being a “Disability Confident Employer” and will ensure that all applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role are invited for interview.
To apply for this role and for further details of our recruitment process please click apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert