- Rochester Utilities
- Rochester, Kent
- £40k to £50k - Dependent on Experience
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Quantity Surveyor, Cost Management
- Chartered Surveyor, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
The post is established to support RUL Commercial Management team, this is a key role for the company’s future development and success in delivering a continuous flow of new business and identifying future opportunities in both competitive tendering and design and build projects.
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
- Tendering and Estimating
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary.
- Attend pre-contract meetings, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions.
- Contribution and input in to implementing new methods to streamline and advance the Commercial reporting functions within the RUL business.
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performances
- Understanding of the contracts RUL are working to and are engaged to with Clients.
- Attendance to monthly financial meetings with Company Directors
- Representing Rochester Utilities brand as a market leading utility infrastructure provider
- Ensuring the highest standards of Health and Safety to self and work colleagues.
- Following Management instructions and challenging where they are not understood, or you believe they could be improved.
- Dealing with both Clients and Sub-Contractors in a courteous and informative way Keeping your Team Leader/Management updated with your needs to ensure smooth work productivity.
- Timely submission of all required documentation – holiday forms, etc.
- Ensuring availability for training courses deemed relevant by Team Leader/Management
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, applicable RUL Policies
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors.
- Undertaking various Ad hoc duties within the commercial team
Knowledge & key skills
- Relevant Industry experience within similar field
- High Competence in Excel package
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to perform extensive tasks to tight deadlines.
- Able to accurately follow instructions and challenge where required.
- Commitment to working safely.
- Willing to learn new skills and further develop within the commercial team.
- Flexible in approach and able to assist other commercial areas when required.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Power point packages
- Self-motivated, detail orientated and very organised with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Experience in tender estimating
- Hold a relevant degree (e.g. Quantity Surveying or Construction Management);
- Good Communication Skills
- Driving License (site visits may be required)
- NEC/JCT Contract Experience
Critical Success Factors
Is regarded as:
A key contributor to the success of Rochester Utilities
Determined, positive and professional. Flexible within commercial department
Demonstrates success by:
Successful commercial overview from start to completion on all schemes
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert