- Rochester Utilities
- Rochester, Kent
- £60k to £70k - Dependent on Experience
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Planning and Development, Project Management, Sales and Marketing, Construction
- Chartered Surveyor, Manager, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
The post is established to support RUL in carrying out installation and maintenance works for utility clients across various sectors. The job holder will be required to expand and diversify the business, looking at possible work streams, be commercially and operationally aware and have the ability to build strong client relationships and have a thorough understanding of industry standards.
- Effectively manage and coach a team of project managers, supervisors and utility teams, to include managing staff performance, training and development
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the commercial department in order to review and improve the companies aims and objectives.
- Develop and maintain excellent client/customer relations.
- Resolving field related customer complaints in a timely and effective manner, including root cause analysis to reduce frequency, improve customer experience and build the reputation of the business.
- Collaborate with directors in setting and driving organisational vision and operational strategy.
- Support recruitment plans and assist in the assessment and induction of new recruits.
- Ensure project managers carryout site and process audits to ensure compliance with company SHEQ Policies and external bodies’ standards and procedures.
- Assist project managers to produce work instructions, risk assessments and method statements for utility teams on a project-by-project basis.
- To assist with ensuring compliance with accreditations and continue company development.
- Utilising resources to ensure RUL meets compliance with industry standards, customer requirements, relevant network requirements, safety, contractual and legislative obligations.
- Provide management reports (when required) on key statistics.
- Ensure all projects are fully compliant with the relevant codes of practice which coincides with industry and client specified standards.
- Effectively lead operational teams to ensure commercial delivery of contracts, driving productivity and performance, delivering to agreed timescales, budget work and commitments.
- Ad-Hoc Duties
Knowledge & key skills
- Relevant Industry experience within similar field
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to time-manage own workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to accurately follow instructions and challenge where required.
- Commitment to working safely.
- Ability to develop, lead and inspire staff.
- Hold a relevant degree (e.g. in Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field)
- Driving License (site visits may be required)
- Proven success in an operations management role
- Excellent knowledge of utility construction standards
Critical Success Factors
Is regarded as:
A key contributor to the success of Rochester Utilities
Determined, positive and professional.
Demonstrates success by:
Successfully able to demonstrate operational strategies and continue company development.
Directors + liaison with Project managers, Office Manager & HR Manager
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert