Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
- Hays Property & Surveying
- England, Hampshire, Southampton
- Competitive Salary + Car Allowance
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Quantity Surveyor
- Business Type
Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading construction consultancy based in Southampton.
The business are a multi disciplinary construction consultancy providing services on an international scale. Their Southampton based office have a strong track record in Quantity Surveying and Project Management
services, working on behalf of clients within the Public and Private Sectors across the South Coast.
The office's Cost Management / QS team is now looking to appoint additional Senior Quantity Surveyor to manage and assist with an ongoing pipeline of new and existing projects.
Your new role
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing a range of construction cost management / quantity surveying consultancy services to a portfolio of clients. This will include managing pre and post contract stages on a range of projects including Local Government, Education, Universities, Commercial and New Build Social Housing.
Key responsibilities will include -
- Provide a range of pre and post contract construction cost management services
- Prepare feasibility reports, cost plans and estimates
- Prepare and analyse tender documents and manage contractor appointments
- Undertake interim valuations, manage payments and settle final accounts
- Undertake the role of Contract Administrator / Employer's Agent
- Provide technical advice on contractual issues and legal matters.
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified preferred, but not essential
- Significant experience in undertaking a range of pre and post contract construction cost management / quantity surveying services
- A proven track record of working within a construction consultancy / quantity surveying practice
- Proficient in preparing cost plans, managing budgets and administering building contracts
- Proficient knowledge of building contracts such as JCT / NEC
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.
Hays Property & Surveying
Hays Property & Surveying is the UK’s leading specialist property and surveying recruitment consultancy. We specialise In recruiting professionals across all disciplines, including: quantity surveying, general practice, building surveying and project management. Using our unrivalled database of specialist candidates, our expert consultants provide high quality match making, connecting the right people with the right jobs.
We share ideas, knowledge and experience across businesses and territories to deliver outstanding results and we invest heavily in equipping our staff with the specialist skills necessary to perform to the highest standards, while developing their careers.
Our website www.hays.co.uk/job/construction-property-jobs/property-surveying/ provides the latest jobs, industry news, salary surveys, information and careers advice. We pride ourselves in our strong relationships with industry organisations, constantly striving to provide the best possible service to our clients.
Tel : 0207 259 8811
Address : 23 Lower Belgrave Street, London, SW1W ONT.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert