Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
- Hays Property & Surveying
- England, Dorset, Bournemouth
- £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Package DOE
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Quantity Surveyor
- Business Type
Whitefox Chartered Surveyors are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our busy Quantity Surveying department.
Located on the sunny South Coast in Dorset, Whitefox Chartered Surveyors are a multidisciplinary practice providing QS / Cost Consultancy, Building Surveying and Project Management services throughout the UK.
Our client base ranges from hotel and residential developers, commercial property investors and landlords, retail occupiers, housing associations, the NHS and other organisations within the Public Sector.
Your new role
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our busy Quantity Surveying department. Based out of our new Bournemouth offices, you will be responsible for undertaking and collaborating on a range of pre and post contract quantity surveying / cost management and fund monitoring services. This will encompass a focus across a wide range of construction projects, including both new builds, refurbishments and alterations.
A key element to our ongoing success is our ability to collaborate - working together and supporting each other to deliver excellent levels of service and client care. Typically, you can expect to work with 2 - 3 other team members, sitting alongside our Building Surveying department for each project.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction
- Proven experience as a Project QS / Cost Consultant, preferably from within a construction consultancy or surveying practice. However, candidates from a main contractor background will be considered.
- Experience in providing pre and post contract cost management services on a range of construction projects.
- Proficient in administering JCT building contracts, including monthly valuations
- Sound knowledge of the construction process from inception to completion
- Ideally have experience of undertaking project fund monitoring services
- High levels of professionalism, self-drive and commercial acumen
We want everyone to share in our success and for that reason we offer market competitive salaries with a significant bonus structure. Flexible working arrangements exist at Whitefox. Each member of our team is allocated their own desk and has the option of homeworking in addition to working in the office.
The package includes;
- Basic Salary - £40,000 - £50,000
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 24 days annual leave (includes 3 days at Xmas / NY + Birthday) + Bank Holidays
- Professional Membership Fees
- CPD / Training Allowance
- iPhone / iPad / Laptop
- Flexible Working
What you need to do now
Hays Property and Surveying are supporting Whitefox Chartered Surveyors with the recruitment for this role.
For further information, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact out Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.
Hays Property & Surveying
Hays Property & Surveying is the UK’s leading specialist property and surveying recruitment consultancy. We specialise In recruiting professionals across all disciplines, including: quantity surveying, general practice, building surveying and project management. Using our unrivalled database of specialist candidates, our expert consultants provide high quality match making, connecting the right people with the right jobs.
We share ideas, knowledge and experience across businesses and territories to deliver outstanding results and we invest heavily in equipping our staff with the specialist skills necessary to perform to the highest standards, while developing their careers.
Our website www.hays.co.uk/job/construction-property-jobs/property-surveying/ provides the latest jobs, industry news, salary surveys, information and careers advice. We pride ourselves in our strong relationships with industry organisations, constantly striving to provide the best possible service to our clients.
Tel : 0207 259 8811
Address : 23 Lower Belgrave Street, London, SW1W ONT.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert