Commercial Property & Asset Manager
- Varnom Ross
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £50-60k plus benefits/bonuses
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Land, Property
- Contract Type
- Asset & Facilities Management, Commercial Property, Property Management
My client is keen to add a Property & Asset Manager to their Central London team. You will be joining a team of 4, managing assets all over London including; Canary Wharf, Hammersmith & The City. 70% of the portfolio is Central London Offices, the successful candidate will be dealing with offices circa 200k sq ft. Clients include; Private/Overseas Investors, Hedge Funds & Banks. The role entails Asset Management work and my client is extremely hot on Sustainability working hard to be Net Zero.
You will be joining at a hugely exciting time for my client with opportunities that include the growth of the portfolio, a greater need for Design for Management expertise and an increased focus on ESG and technology.
- You will be fully responsible for providing day-to-day management of all aspects of a portfolio of commercial property assets, with an emphasis on proactive management, building relationships with all stakeholders and delivering an above-market service and occupier experience.#
- You will support junior colleagues in their management of properties and their ambitions to become qualified and experienced.
- You will be integral to the formation and delivery of ESG strategies to meet the client’s needs, embracing technology and innovation in driving efficiencies.
- Performance and cost savings are key areas of focus as well as embracing the fast-evolving workplace with a need to enliven and enhance the occupier experience.
- Develop & maintain ethical, professional, & courteous relations with clients, tenants & contractors.
- Manage & develop all property personnel.
- Where required, train, mentor, & continually develop junior staff.
- Negotiate contracts & supervise all contractor services related to the physical operation of the property.
- Manage all fiscal activities of the property including rent and service charge billing & collection and maintain full P&L responsibility.
- Develop, implement, & maintain a marketing and leasing strategy for both current & prospective tenants in collaboration with asset managers or owners to meet performance objectives.
- Serve as primary contact with owners and prepare bespoke reports as needed.
- Display in depth knowledge of building mechanical systems and equipment.
- Take full responsibility for Health and Safety monitoring and performance.
- Ensure all government, industry, and company regulation, policies and best practices are instituted and always maintained.
- Represent my client in selected business, community, and industry organisations and groups.
- Comply with all company and regional policies.
- Have a thorough understanding of Landlord and Tenant Act and related lease restrictions, commercial leases and service charges.
- Ensure that fees are issued as and when appropriate for works excluded from the management contract.
- RICS preferred but not essential
- P&L responsibility and budgetary experience.
EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- Educated to Degree Level
- Significant real estate knowledge.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to speak before an audience with confidence, using appropriate communication skills/style.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and customer service orientation.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff.
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to draw conclusions and solve problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Clean driving licence
Please give me a call to discuss (Sam) 07917 042 950.
I am a specialist General Practice recruiter with over 7 years’ experience in the industry. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to discuss your options I’d love to hear from you.
Varnom Ross is a specialist recruitment agency based in Central London, matching property professionals with private and public sector clients across the UK’s commercial marketplace.
- +44 20 3745 7074
24 Holborn Viaduct
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert