- BBL Property Recruitment
- SW London / Surrey
- up to £66k + benefits
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Land, Property
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Estates Management, Planning and Development, Rural, Acquisitions
To advise the Head of Estates and wider Estates Team on all planning related matters relating to a UK wide portfolio of sites. To help deliver defined strategies by developing and improving the Estate’s portfolio through securing planning consents.
- A strong working knowledge of the Town and Country Planning system.
- To provide strategic planning advice to internal customers relating to development and redevelopment opportunities, change of use opportunities and alternative use opportunities.
- To prepare pre-application consultation briefs to LPAs.
- Attendance at pre-application consultation meetings with planning officers and internal colleagues.
- Attendance at site and review meetings & occasional attendance at Planning Committee meetings.
- Preparation and submission of planning appraisals, statements and applications for site related developments, changes of use and Certificates of Lawfulness.
- Selection, instruction, and management of external professional advisers including planning, heritage, ecology, highways, flood risk and other specialist consultants as required.
- Preparation of objections to proposals on neighbouring properties.
- The day-to-day management of planning projects including liaising with other in-house / external disciplines and LPAs to ensure swift, positive outcomes.
The successful Planning Manager will enjoy an inclusive, professional environment and a remuneration package that will include:
- Basic salary up to £58k to start.
- Car allowance of over £8k p/a.
- A range of additional benefits.
- Flexible working available to include a combination of working from the office, from home and onsite visits.
You will need to have:
- An accredited degree in Town Planning or similar discipline.
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI) with a minimum of four years’ PQE, ideally in a planning advisory role (whether in-house, LPA or consultancy).
- Proven experience of preparing and successfully securing planning consents for significant development schemes.
- Strong negotiation skills alongside the ability to build and foster strong, sustainable internal and external relationships, demonstrating a positive and approachable disposition with the ability to build rapport.
- Strong financial and commercial awareness.
- The ability to instruct and manage external professionals.
- Car driver able to work across the UK with the ability to stay away as required.
You must be based in the Southeast of England – Ideally Surrey, West Sussex, or SW London.
BBL Property Recruitment is widely regarded as the leading supplier of Surveyors to both the Residential Mortgage Valuation & Building Surveying sectors across the UK, counting panel managers, lenders and independent practices as long term (and often sole) clients nationally.
With a two-decade sector association, BBL Property’s recruitment of Residential Surveyors pre-dates the incorporation of some of its clients and almost all of its competitors, underpinning its extensive candidate/client base, industry insight and general professional network.
For Residential Surveyors seeking career advice/advancement, information on market trends or employers hiring staff, BBL Property Recruitment truly offers a one-stop shop service underpinned by a range of professional accreditations and memberships including ISO9000/2002.
BBL Property Recruitment
Apply for Planning Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert