Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- United Arab Emirates (AE)
- To be discussed
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Cost Management
- Business Type
To lead our successful pre-contract and measurement team across the UAE, we are now seeking to add an MRICS Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an established professional team, committed to technical integrity, innovation and development of its people.
- Cost Planning and estimating (BCIS and NRM1); Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management; Bills of Quantities production (POMI and CESSM3); Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations; Contract drafting (FIDIC)
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs; Interim valuations and payment certificates; Variations analysis, recommendations and management; Risk and value management and cost control functions; Costs analysis project work; Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks; Preparation of progress/ cost reports; Reporting to Associate Director on all commercial issues; Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations; Attendance and representation at commercial meetings.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised UK university. Professional membership – Assoc RICS / MRICS . Experience in infrastructure projects Minimum of 10 years’ experience; Knowledge in the use of QS software Cost X or similar is required; Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning. Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service.
We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
SNC-Lavalin is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We aim to provide quality and fairness for all job applicants and employees and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, religious conviction or disablement. We oppose all forms of unlawful treatment and discrimination.
Our aim is for the company to be representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applications equally.
We pursue this commitment by:
Having clear and concise procedures and guidelines for both line managers and employees to ensure policies are fully understood and implemented;
Complying with the relevant employment legislation and codes of practice;
Ensuring that all existing employees, potential employees, colleagues and customers are treated equally and with respect;
Ensuring that the workplace is an environment free from discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying regardless of an individual’s gender, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, religious conviction or disablement;
Making all decisions relating to recruitment, selection or promotion according to the employees’ ability.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert