- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Quantity Surveyor
Welcome to Faithful+Gould, an international professional services consultancy with great strength and a culture of progression and diversity. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
Are you ready to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious construction challenges across the UK? Join our collaborative team where everyone has a voice, and together we deliver excellence for people and the environment. No two people have the same priorities, which is why we want to hear from you. And why flexible and remote working are central to our culture. So, talk to us about how we can support you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays; how we can make adjustments for you at work, or help your transition back after a career break.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Location - Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham or Bristol – flexible to suit the candidate.
Faithful+Gould are looking to bolster our team with a highly competent and ambitious individual, with sector expertise of delivering cost consultancy services in the food retail sector.
Ideally, you’ll already be operating at a senior level in a consultancy environment, be client facing with the ability to deliver a breadth of QS services in the food retail sector.
With a strong pipeline of national projects across multiple workstreams this is a fantastic opportunity for a technically strong individual to help grow our expanding retail team and develop their career further. This role provides the opportunity to work on a multi-million-pound programme of works which covers a broad range of food retail development including:
- New build supermarkets
- Net Zero - a sector-leading programme to reduce the carbon impact of existing stores
- Existing store refurbishment
- Mixed use developments
- Concession partner projects
- Convenience and local stores
- National roll outs and initiatives
- Feasibility estimating and benchmarking
Join Faithful+Gould and you'll be part of a high performing team that delivers high-quality expertise, driven not just by success but also by doing what's right. You'll meet colleagues who are as talented as you and ready to support you to 'hit the ground running.' Collaborating with team members, clients, stakeholders and contractors, you'll also enjoy opportunities to mentor co-workers while progressing your career upwards.
- Deliver and manage the provision of Cost Consultancy services on a range of food retail projects and programmes from inception to handover.
- Act as day to day lead on projects, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Responsible for pre and post project commercial management and reporting.
- Prepare client cost reports and report on change during the life of a project.
- Provide advice on the cost of construction and provide value management services.
- Have an awareness of project costs outside of direct construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers & employer direct orders).
- Agree construction costs with contractors through negotiation, benchmarking, schedules of rates and/or competitive tender.
- Draft JCT and client bespoke contracts.
- Manage the client’s cost control process.
- Assist in the development of client relationships and key account management.
- Ability to understand client requirements, deliver on them and build relationships.
- Experience of various forms of building contract including JCT.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both clients, contractors and internal staff.
- Lead & manage small teams.
- Provide guidance, leadership, mentoring and technical expertise to team members.
- Detailed knowledge of construction costs and market conditions.
- Manage workload and project resources.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Significant experience in the food retail sector (preferable), or wider high street retail.
- Ideally MRICS or similar accreditation.
- 4-5+ years working in a professional consultancy environment, with at least 2 years delivering quantity surveying services within the food retail sector.
- Ability to work to timescales and manage workload to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a project and programme basis with the ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders.
- Have a full breadth of cost management experience from initial feasibility and giving high level cost advice, through cost planning at various design stages, procurement experience, and a proven ability to control costs post contract.
- Working knowledge of JCT contracts.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role-related software packages.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes.
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients and contribute to building an effective team.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert