Senior Building Surveyor
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Building Surveyor
SENIOR BUILDING SURVEYOR:
As a Senior Building Surveyor, you'll play a central role on some of the UK's most significant projects. Your portfolio will vary across retail, health, energy, commercial property, education, residential and public sectors. Working alongside our senior managers, you'll lead multi-disciplinary teams driven by excellence. We'll value your insight and leadership, supporting your continued growth and development as a leader.
- Working across several projects in different sectors, providing a range of refurbishment, improvement and modernisation projects.
- Undertaking feasibility studies, producing specifications, obtaining estimates, obtaining statutory approvals and administering contracts for refurbishment projects.
- Using and applying standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Knowledge and application of building surveying professional services.
- Mentoring and training Building Surveyors and providing Supervisor support to Junior Surveyors on the RICS APC programme.
- Understanding the principles of quality, safety and the environment in asset surveys, design and management of projects and portfolios.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- Line managing of junior Building Surveying staff.
- Carrying out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and managing regional schemes.
- Development of new business opportunities including preparation and submission of bids.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING:
- A B.Sc. (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar RICS accredited degree.
- Chartered status essential/highly desirable.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience
- Experience managing clients with a strong understanding of profitability, business development and sound commercial awareness.
- Experience in mentoring, training and coaching team members.
- Experience managing workloads and projects.
- Sound knowledge drafting technical documents, including clients’ requirements, asset reviews, feasibility studies, specifications and drawings.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements and Statutory Compliance.
- Specific Technical Skillsets to meet specialist Professional Building Surveying service requirements EG Dilapidations, Party Wall, Fire Risk, Access Assessments.
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done.
WHY WORK FOR FAITHFUL+GOULD?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport, to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
MEETING YOUR NEEDS:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career. Find out more.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
Your Reward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)
MORE ABOUT US:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Check out some of our most recent and exciting projects.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert