Document Controller / Project Administrator
- Amida Recruitment
- England, London
- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- Closing date
- 1 Apr 2023
- Land, Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Project Management
- Business Type
Document Controller and Project Administrator
- Central London
- £35 - £40k DOE
Our client is a tier 1 Developer and they are looking for a dynamic and technologically-savvy Document Controller and Project Administrator to join their London team. This is a newly-created permanent position that has arisen as they have recently taken on a large (£100m+ project value) mixed-use development in Central London.
This role will be situated at the heart of their design and construction teams, ensuring that the right documentation is in the right place at the right time to support the efficient running of the project. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team, with great scope for the chosen candidate to develop their expertise with the support of experienced team members.
- Check all incoming project documentation for compliance, in accordance with their Document Control Protocols.
- Ensure all documentation is stored in an efficient and organised manner on our Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), Viewpoint for Projects.
- Manage the day-to-day running of EDMS, providing training and support to users and setting up new accounts.
- Oversee drawing review workflows, and produce and disseminate trackers where necessary to encourage outstanding comments.
- Print hard copies of project drawings when requested, monitoring the dissemination of printed information to ensure version control.
- Conduct regular checks to ensure that site teams are working to up to date information.
- Assist the project teams with collating packs of information for issue.
- Support the Quality Control Manager with collating 'As Built'and O&M documentation for project handover.
- Assist with the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Update a register of action points at team meetings and issue to attendees.
- Assist the Design Management team with updating project trackers and fulfilling information requests from other departments.
- Ensure the project directory is up to date.
- Provide other ad hoc administrative support to project teams as required.
Communication and Leadership
- Assist in creating lean Document Control procedures with agreement from the wider team to promote an efficient and cohesive way of working.
- Identify opportunities to improve procedures and templates for team appraisal.
- Identify any significant non-compliance with Document Control Protocols and escalate to senior team member or raise at team meeting where needed.
- Be digitally savvy and encourage others for the same, build lasting relationships.
- Monitor quality performance and identify opportunities for improvement, make appropriate changes to document control processes to deliver improvements.
- Promote the use of innovative technology to improve assurance and efficiencies.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience working as a Document Controller on a large-scale construction project.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook, and comfortable with managing and updating cloud-based Document Management Software.
- Experience using Viewpoint for Projects, and with creating and updating document review workflows, are an advantage, though training can be provided.
- Self-motivated with great organisation skills and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be based between the offices in Central London (SE1) and the nearby site, with standard working hours of 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and have the expertise and experience needed for this role then get in touch today, send your application to Leanne.email@example.com
About Amida Recruitment
UK - www.amida-recruit.com
Asia – www.amida-recruit.com.sg
Australia – www.amida-recruit.com.au
Amida are a boutique recruitment agency with a reputation across the globe for their specialist expertise within the design, property, construction and engineering markets. With kiwi roots, we’re dedicated to offering a service that out-ways our competitors, and that means honesty, accountability, hard work and transparency.
We started out as a couple of ambitious guys who were disillusioned with the way recruitment was being done and the way many great recruitment consultants were being treated by their employers. We then founded Amida in 2009 and started creating a contemporary, service orientated, values driven recruitment agency.
Since then we have been joined by some of the best construction and engineering recruiters from around the world, and developed a few great new ones internally over the last 7 years ourselves. We now have over 50 staff operating from 6 countries and continuing to expand fast.
Our specialisms include:
Client-side Quantity Surveying, Client-side Project Management, Building Surveying, Development Management and more.
Site Quantity Surveying, Site Management, Construction Management, M&E Project Management, Project Planning and more.
Design Management, Architecture, Structural and Civil Engineering, Power Transmission and Distribution, Building Services Engineering and more.
- Highways and Infrastructure:
Site Project Management, Reactive Maintenance, Site Quantity Surveying, Site Management, Project Planning, Operations and more.
Get in touch and talk to one of our team about the current market today. Whether it be advice, representation, market research or otherwise, we’ll be a loyal recruitment partner for both clients and candidates alike.
[+44 (0) 207 033 3100]
UK | Singapore | Malaysia | Australia | UAE | South Africa
- 0207 033 3100
1st Floor, Victoria House
1 Leonard Circus
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert