Senior Building Surveyor
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Building Surveyor
- Working across several regional projects in different sectors, providing a range of building surveying duties.
- Using and applying standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Understanding the principles of quality, safety and the environment in survey, design and management of projects and portfolios.
- Line management, mentoring and training Junior Building Surveying staff.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- Carrying out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and managing regional schemes.
- Helping further develop our opportunities and growth within a chosen specialism, e.g. healthcare, education, etc.
What Can you bring:
- A B.Sc. (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar RICS accredited degree.
- Chartered status.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients with a strong understanding of profitability, business development and sound commercial awareness.
- Sound knowledge drafting technical documents, including asset reviews, feasibility studies, specifications and drawings.
- A full understanding of Health and Safety requirements and Statutory Compliance.
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done.
- Enthusiasm to seek new learning opportunities to keep skills and knowledge current, enjoy supporting colleagues with their development.
- Contribute to a positive, friendly environment, helping to build relationships across teams and with clients.
- You respect other points of view and seek out the best results in discussions.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert