- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould are looking to bolster our Midlands team with a highly competent and ambitious individual, with sector expertise of delivering cost consultancy services.
Ideally, you’ll already be operating at a senior level with experience in a consultancy environment, be client facing with the ability to deliver commissions of varying scale and complexity.
With a strong pipeline of prestigious projects and clients this is an amazing opportunity for a technically strong individual to help grow our expanding education team and develop their career further. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of multi-million pound developments across the Midlands.
Join Faithful+Gould and you'll be part of a high performing team that delivers high-quality expertise, driven not just by success but also by doing what's right. You'll meet colleagues who are as talented as you and ready to support you to 'hit the ground running.' Collaborating with team members, clients, stakeholders and contractors, you'll also enjoy opportunities to mentor co-workers while progressing your career upwards.
- Ability to deliver and manage the provision of Cost Consultancy services on major or complex projects from inception to handover
- Act as day to day lead on projects, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact
- Responsible for pre and post project commercial management and reporting
- Prepare Client cost reports and report on change during the life of a project
- Have an awareness of project costs outside of direct Construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct)
- Development of Client relationships and Key Account Management
- Ability and desire to generate repeat business and win new work
- Extensive experience of various forms of Building Contract including JCT and NEC
- Ability to communicate effectively with both Clients and Internal Staff
- Experience of running small teams either project or internal team management (preferable)
- Provide guidance, leadership, mentoring and technical expertise to team members
- Experienced in the provision of Employers Agent services (preferable)
- Detailed knowledge of construction costs and market conditions
- Manage commercial aspects of commissions including governance, fee management.
- Ability to prepare fee proposals and bid submissions
- Manage workload and project resources
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues
- Experience working for a professional quantity surveying/cost management consultancy business, with a demonstrable track record of delivering a high-quality service
- MRICS or similar accreditation
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis and the ability to work closely with multiple stakeholders
- Have a full breadth of cost management experience from initial feasibility and giving high level cost advice, through cost planning at various design stages, procurement experience, and a proven ability to control costs post contract
- In-depth working knowledge of JCT and/or NEC contracts
- Proficient in electronic forms of measurement and associated cost planning software (CostX, CATO/ Causeway, etc)
- Working knowledge of new rules of measurement (NRM)
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role-related software packages
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients and contribute to building an effective team.
WHY WORK FOR FAITHFUL+GOULD?
Join us, and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport, to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
MEETING YOUR NEEDS:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career. Find out more.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com)
MORE ABOUT US:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Check out some of our most recent and exciting projects.
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
- Faithful+Gould and Atkins Corporation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert