- Home Group
- Hybrid role - working from home and our properties in Cumbria
- Circa £36,000 per annum (negotiable based on experience) plus great benefits including Health Cash P
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Building Surveyor, Property Management, Residential Property, Construction
- Business Type
- Public Sector
Maintenance Surveyor (Repairs and Voids) - (23398)
Hybrid role - working from home and our properties in Cumbria
Permanent, full time (37.5 hpw)
Circa £36,000 per annum (negotiable based on experience) plus great benefits including Health Cash Plan
Home, a place where you belong
Are you an experienced Maintenance Surveyor looking for a new role with a great employer? Come join us at Home Group and be part of our fantastic repairs and maintenance team. Make a difference, supporting us to improve the quality standards of our responsive and void properties across Cumbria. If you fancy working alongside a brilliant, skilled team (who are good craic too), then read on…
Typical day as a Maintenance Surveyor
- Managing a patch of properties between Maryport and Carlisle, you will be carrying out pre and post inspections of repairs and turning around void properties quickly, ensuring high-quality work.
- Providing technical advice and support to our trades, maintenance managers, subcontractors and suppliers so we deliver high-quality, cost-effective and compliant services.
- Contract management including progress against building works schedules and ensuring statutory compliance.
- Utilising customer insight to support us in delivering on our customer promise.
- Ensuring void re-servicing is carried out to a high standard, enabling re-let as soon as possible.
And we really are great, 5th Great Place to Work in the UK in fact!
- Building surveying experience including property condition and dilapidation surveys and specifying remedial works.
- Ideally hold RICS, CIOB professional registration or working towards this.
- Current knowledge of building repairs, construction and safety.
- A vehicle insured for business purposes. The great news is that we’ll pay your mileage!
- A self-starter approach, able to work unsupervised to manage your own patch, working commercially to deliver our programmes of work on time and to budget.
Looking for a job where you really belong? Where you can be, well you! Bring your uniqueness, brilliant skills and awesome experience to deliver amazing things for our customers. You’ll join our team, who come from different walks of life and are here to support you as you make yourself at Home!
- Working Monday to Friday, you’ll shape your own diary around work, customers’ and your own commitments.
- This is a hybrid role, so you’ll spend a day in our office at Maryport, some days working at home and the rest working in our properties in Cumbria between Maryport and Carlisle.
- You must be able to use technology for updating records, budget and KPI management, completing online learning and collaborating with other colleagues.
- You’ll need a Basic DBS check done and we pay for that.
A place where you belong
Great things happen when we can be ourselves at work. We want all our colleagues to be who they truly are here. Our internal diversity networks, peers and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) support us all to be our best. Together we make Home Group a great place to work!
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30), the option to buy 5 more, a me day (to take off for whatever you fancy) and time off for volunteering too!
- Health cash plan (we’ll cover your costs (and kids if you have them) towards dental, optical, prescriptions, alternative therapies and lots more)
- Over 800 high street discounts on groceries, holidays and days out. Looking for a new phone, bike or car? Save money with us.
- Generous pension scheme with life insurance of 3x salary
- We Grow Our Own colleagues (not literally of course!), when you’re ready for the next step in your career, you can grow with us!
- Explore our benefits in detail on our website.
Find out more
Click APPLY NOW to see our Maintenance Surveyor Job Description, find out about us and for help to apply. Sometimes we close a job early, so don’t delay or you might miss out. Finally, do let us know if there’s anything we can do, to help you shine in our process at email@example.com
Work Locations: Maryport (Irish Street) Anthorne House Irish Street Maryport CA15 8AD
Closing Date : 23.Mar.23, 11:59:00 PM
We are Home Group, one of the UK’s largest developers of new homes and providers of houses for affordable rent. We also provide long term integrated housing, health and social care housing. We are proud of the difference that we have made over the last 80 years and we continue to work hard to support 120,000 customers in 55,000 homes across the UK. With a turnover of £350m and more than 3000 colleagues, you will be joining a robust, dynamic and inclusive organisation with a strong social mission at its heart.
Oh, did we mention that we rank No. 27 in the UK’s Best Large Places to work and are winners of 2018 UK Housing Awards Development Programme of the Year, Silver Best House at the What House Awards 2018, and RESI Landlord of the Year 2016. We pride ourselves on building happier, healthy homes, putting space and people before profits.
2 Gosforth Park Way
Gosforth Business Park
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert