Building Control Team Leader
- South Holland District Council
- Spalding, Lincolnshire
- £36,298 - £41,496
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Asset & Facilities Management, Building Control, Cost Management
- Chartered Surveyor, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
- Public Sector
Are you an experienced and commercially savvy Building Control professional looking to take your next step in your career?
Are you organised, confident, proactive, innovative and empowering manager who relishes a challenge?
This role represents an excellent opportunity for someone who currently works within the Building Control profession, has solid field based experience and managerial aspirations or experience. If you are organised and approachable and supportive towards developing others we would love to hear from you. If you aspire to or already manage a busy team of experienced and ambitious professionals, whilst sharing your own expertise and knowledge to benefit others, we would love to talk to you.
This role will report to the Group Manager Building Control, who has responsibility for the Building Control services across the South and East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership. As Team Leader Building Control for South Holland you will report to the Group Manager and have autonomy to run the day to day operations of the Building Control Team, including Street Naming and Numbering, providing direction and management to the surveyors and technical staff in the service.
First and foremost you will manage the business of the Building Control Team to achieve the priorities and objectives of the Council. You will;
- provide expert advice to customers, Members, applicants and other council services
- manage day to day staffing and operational matters
- ensure compliance with service standards
- manage finance, performance and support both the team and individual development
- drive good customer care and a commercial focus
- collaborate with other councils in the partnership, share best practice, align policy and ways of working.
What we need from you:
- Full Corporate Member of RICS, ABE or equivalent
- Degree (or equivalent) in building/building surveying
- Significant experience in Building Control/ Building surveying
- Experience in handling complaints
- Demonstrable experience in making service improvements
- Collaborative approach
- Confident engaging with colleagues, elected members, businesses and the public
What we offer:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, 17.4% employer contribution
- Generous annual leave scheme
- Employee Benefits Platform including retail, holiday, and leisure discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Car mileage allowance
- Excellent training opportunities
- Flexible Working Scheme
- Relocation package
ABOUT US: Boston Borough Council, East Lindsey District Council and South Holland District Council have formed the South & East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership. The largest Council Partnership in the country. Since October 2021, the Partnership Councils have been working closely to deliver improved services to the communities in the sub-region and already there have been many positive outcomes.
Over time, it is envisaged that services across the Partnership will become more aligned, providing potential to work flexibly across the three Councils and opportunities to be involved in new and innovate areas of work.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Clint Bell - Group Manager Building Control on email@example.com Tel: 07977 203321 or Christian Allen – Assistant Director Regulatory on Christian.firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07970 012701.
The Council reserves the right to change the closing date, depending on application numbers. Interviews may be arranged virtually/ in person when suitable candidates apply which may be prior to the closing date.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert