- Beach Baker Property Recruitment
- England, London
- £45000 - £48000 per annum
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Asset & Facilities Management, Commercial Property, Property Management
- Business Type
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Reports to: Regional Facilities Manager
Role type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £48,000 - depending on experience
Key skills and requirements: Experienced FM coming from a Managing Agent background and holds significant experience with Service Charge reconciliation and budget preparation.
Would you like to join an organisation that supports you through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work? Then we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities Manager to join a global leader in property consultancy. Our client is shaping the future of real estate by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients.
As a Facilities Manager (FM) you will have the opportunity to be directly responsible for the provision of facilities services in one or more managed properties. The FM will report to and seek direction from the RFM but will also benefit from taking guidance and developing a close working relationship with the Property Manager. The FM will work in a number of "virtual teams" with the client focussed teams of Asset and Property Managers, Surveying Executives and Client Accountants.
The FM should consider the occupiers to be "clients" as well as the owner investor and is expected to understand the business objectives of the investment.
- Working closely and taking direction from relevant Client FM Leads take ownership and be responsible for delivering operational facilities related client KPIs as identified in the PMA (Property Management Agreement) and/or any other client agreed initiatives.
- Deliver the financial management of the property through the preparation of service charge budgets, the monitoring of agreed budgets to pre-defined cash limits, quarterly variance reporting and service charge reconciliation to agreed accounting practices. Also, to administer non-recoverable budgets.
- Understand the principal terms of occupier's leases as they affect the facilities management of the property and the Client's obligations to provide services including clarity on the extent of the common areas.
- Be familiar with all heating, ventilating, mechanical and electrical equipment in each building and have a sound understanding of the purpose and general working of such equipment. To ensure maintenance contracts in place to cover O&M manual requirements.
- Monitor vacant/void property in conjunction with the clients' insurance policy.
- Establish a regular inspection programme for each site in accordance with site insurance and regulatory requirements.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for a company within the property industry or from a similar business line, with client facing experience or from a corporate FM background.
- IWFM / BIFM qualification and or similar in facilities operational management.
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop identified business improvement opportunities.
- An advocate of change and supportive in driving operational business change.
- Solid stakeholder management skills and an ability to understand and relay business ideas.
- Strong organisation skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Driven to achieve results.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and cost risks.
How to apply
If this looks like the perfect opportunity for you, please get in touch by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beach Baker provides specialist and comprehensive recruitment services to the Real Estate industry. The work we undertake is confidential, targeted, and impactful.
Our clients are dynamic, and we reflect that in our belief in challenging the conventional ways of working. We like to solve recruitment needs quickly and we recognise the significant relationship between company’s recruitment strategies and the candidates they hire.
Beach Baker appreciates the privilege of partnering our clients as a trusted recruitment advisor. We have a passion for property and therefore building strong personal connections and business relationships over the long term is very important to us all.
- To provide our clients with the highest quality recruitment services delivering efficient, professional, and business minded solutions.
- To act with integrity in all our work, placing the highest value on teamwork and partnering our clients.
- To build a sustainable, successful firm, focused on wellbeing of our team and supporting our local communities.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or log onto www.beachbaker.co.uk
Apply for Facilities Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert