Asset Manager - Corporate Surveying Team
- NFU Mutual
- Stratford upon Avon (Hybrid)
- Up to £45,000 + up to 17.5% annual bonus + car / car allowance & great benefits
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Asset & Facilities Management, Commercial Property, Property Management, Cost Management
Asset Manager - Corporate Surveying Team
Up to £45,000 + up to 17.5% annual bonus + car / car allowance & great benefits
Stratford upon Avon (CV37) + UK Travel
About the role
- Hybrid working - up to 80% homeworking options available
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Corporate Surveying Team at NFU Mutual, managing NFU Mutual’s occupied/leasehold portfolio. The occupied portfolio spreads across the UK (including Northern Ireland) and consists of a mix of asset classes including offices and retail.
As the Asset Manager, you will play a key role in implementing the property portfolio strategy. This will involve managing the life cycle of property, from the initial lease acquisition & fit-out through to disposal/relocation, including intervening lease event activity (such as rent reviews and lease renewals). The role is diverse and involves most aspects of general practice surveying, ensuring that each stage is compliant with the Group’s requirements & policies and that all work is undertaken within legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Negotiate and advise on lease terms, obligations, and key lease event dates to ensure effective portfolio management, statutory compliance and that lease our obligations are in line with the Group’s budgetary requirements and current market practice.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to review the Group’s occupational space requirements.
- Recommend and implement opportunities to reduce the Group’s unoccupied office space through various disposal initiatives.
- To build and maintain effective relationships and work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders including Sales & Agency, Group Legal and teams within Group Properties to ensure objectives are coordinated and successfully delivered.
- Manage and monitor outsourced external providers, (such as managing agents, letting agents and legal advisors).
- Work collaboratively with the Property Finance team to provide, recommend, advise and validate estimated property expenditure.
The role would be ideally suited to a MRICS surveyor/senior surveyor, with 2 years PQE looking for a new opportunity. We are happy to consider candidates from all areas of commercial surveying (Agency, Lease Advisory, Property Management etc). We will also consider graduate level surveyors if they have surveying experience and are currently actively working towards their APC.
You instinctively put the customer first, consider their needs and build relationships based on trust. A team player, who seeks and acts on feedback from others, you readily develop long lasting relationships with customers and colleagues across the business. With the ability to multitask, you adapt to changing demands and consistently produce a high standard or work.
Using your market knowledge and experience in commercial surveying, you easily spot opportunities to help the business to succeed. To join our team, you’ll also have:
- Experience of Qube or other similar property management software packages
- A membership with The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- An RICS accredited degree or equivalent experience.
- Driving Licence and ability to travel to our UK wide sites
Benefits and Rewards
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary of up to 45k, dependant on experience
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5% of salary)
- Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy/sell/save holiday trading scheme
- A Family Friendly policy that helps you balance your work and family responsibilities
- Access to savings at High Street brands, travel and supermarkets
- £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to T&Cs
- Health and wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
- Access to voluntary benefits, including health assessments, private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee Volunteering - volunteer in the community for one day each year
- Unlimited access to Refer a Friend £500 bonus scheme
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x salary
- Employee discounts of 15% on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies.
Working at NFU Mutual
We’re one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 years we’ve put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2022 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021 and the Glassdoor Best 50 Workplaces List 2023.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert