- United Utilities
- Warrington, UK
- Competitive + bonus + award winning pension & private health care schemes + great benefits
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Asset & Facilities Management, Land Surveying, Property Management, Acquisitions
- Chartered Surveyor, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
Who are we?
We are United Utilities, the North West’s water and wastewater Company. It’s our job to bring 3.0 million households and thousands of businesses an incredible 1,700 million litres of clean, clear water each day. We take it all away too, treating it so it’s safe to go back into the rivers.
Our 5,000 valued employees are key to achieving our ambitious vision and plans and we all work together to provide a great service to our customers.
This is where you come in…
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Surveyor to join our Access & Acquisitions Team within our Property Services Department based at our Head Office in Warrington.
The A&A Team specialise in gaining entry to private land to carry out pipe laying works, consulting with affected landowners, occupiers and other key stakeholders and the statutory framework surrounding the valuation, compensation and acquisition of land.
You will get to work alongside multidiscipline project teams as part of the Company’s Capital Programme to ensure the successful delivery and construction of new infrastructure and facilitate access to land to operate and maintain our vast network of water mains and sewers across the region. You will provide a comprehensive access and acquisitions service to other key departments including Capital Delivery & Engineering, Water & Wastewater Network Services, Developer Services and Legal Services.
What will you focus on?
When managing a caseload of capital and network projects, your will carry out tasks such as; providing advice on the Company's Statutory Powers of Entry, issuing Statutory Notices, Land referencing, preparing valuations and budgets, negotiating compensation claims, acquiring land, landowner liaison and consultation, agreeing and advising on accommodation and reinstatement works, water main bursts, liaising with Schedule 13 Protected Undertakers, providing advice on pipe route and site selection, arranging temporary site compound licence agreements, assisting with Magistrates Warrants of Entry, Upper Tribunal (Lands chamber) referrals and CPO inquiries, representing the Company at meetings with key stakeholders, assisting with the training and supervision of surveyors working towards their APC, together with other aspects in the Property Services Department as required.
What do you need?
To succeed in this role you will hold a Land and/or Property Management Degree accredited to the RICS.
You will be a qualified Chartered Surveyor (Commercial, Valuation, Rural or Land & Resources pathway) and a Registered Valuer. You’ll preferably be a Qualified or Probationary Member of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers. You’ll have the requisite experience and knowledge to succeed in the role ideally gained by having worked with a water company or similar utility provider. You’ll also have:
- A working knowledge of the Water Industry Act 1991 and the Company's Code of Practice for Pipe laying in private land.
- An awareness of the relevant legislation and government guidance pertaining to the statutory compensation code and compulsory purchase procedures.
- An understanding of the statutory valuation method principles.
- A sound commercial approach and business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and strong negotiating skills.
- Good planning, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation and drive.
- Excellent computer and IT skills.
- A full UK driving Licence and your own transport.
If you are excited about joining a leading FTSE100 organisation at an exciting and challenging period of change then we want to hear from you!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert