Building Surveyor - Windsor
- The Crown Estate
- Windsor/ Hybrid Remote
- Competitive with Great Benefits
- Closing date
- 21 Apr 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Building Control, Commercial Property, General Practice, Residential Property
- Chartered Surveyor, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
The Building Surveyor for Windsor Estate and Great Park is responsible for carrying out building surveys, establishing required works to refurbish to optimum standards including meeting our Net Carbon Zero commitment, production of detailed AutoCAD drawings for tender submissions and management of new and refurbishment projects, ongoing maintenance programmes and statutory compliance procedures across residential and commercial property.
Essential functions of the Job
- Have the ability to produce technically proficient architectural drawings with all necessary detailing for construction
- Develop plans for new projects in terms of works, timing and cost, and approve with Property team and Surveyor of Works
- Obtain the necessary statutory approval for agreed projects e.g. planning, building regulations, fire authority etc.;
- Undertake all necessary property retrofitting works as part of the refurbishment process to meet Net Zero targets including minimum MEES standards.
- Collaborate and research solutions for sustainable materials and renewables as part of the retrofit process.
- Obtain competitive tenders/quotations and mange tender process in line with TCE procedures;
- Project manage refurbishments to ensure satisfactory delivery to specified standards.
- Administer project budgets effectively and efficiently, preventing overspends;
- Ensure Property team and other key stakeholders including tenants are kept informed of progress on a regular basis.
- Assist and support the Surveyor of Works to continue a programme of stock improvement, pursue the adoption of suitable renewable energy technologies and improve the thermal efficiency of the housing stock.
Skills and experience required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Member of RICS or Equivalent with minimum 2 years post qualification experience;
- Proven AutoCAD experience sufficient for project delivery.
- A track record of successful delivery of projects;
- Proven experience in traditional residential construction and of the conservation of Listed and Heritage buildings;
- Detailed knowledge of statutory health and safety legislation and compliance requirements;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Good organisational and project management skills and ability to balance priorities;
- Excellent communicator, able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels and with internal and external stakeholders;
- A full driving licence is essential.
Advert close date: Tuesday 4th April 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert