- The Crown Estate
- London, Regional/ Homeworking
- Competitive with Great Benefits
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Property, Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Environment, Estates Management, Planning and Development, Project Management
- Chartered Surveyor, Manager, FRICS, MRICS
- Business Type
Purpose of Role:
As the Development Manager you will assist the Development Director to maximize value and performance in line with SBU strategy and business plan (financial, social and environmental) and contribute to achievement of quarterly targets in the business plan, maximizing value in line with the Value Creation Framework.
The role is responsible for day-to-day leadership of multiple work streams for 2-3 major regeneration projects; accountable for delivery of targets set by the Development Director to support implementation of the vision, strategy and business plan for the project and progressing in line with the gateway process.
- Maximizing value and performance in line with SBU strategy and business plan (financial, social and environmental)
- Contribute to achievement of quarterly targets in the business plan
- Day-to-day leadership of multiple work streams for 2-3 major regen projects (working with Development Director); accountable for implementing the vision, strategy and business plan for the project set by the Development Director and progressing in line with the gateway process
- Leadership of project work stream sub-groups/teams (internal and external) – to include commercial market interface, third party negotiations, specific stakeholder group management, pilot phase strategy, energy strategy, infrastructure design, financial modelling, estate management & stewardship strategy
- Work collaboratively with other related functions within TCE (within SBU and group) to achieve the vision and business plan
- Responsibility for budget monitoring and management to ensure cost and value targets are achieved
- Take responsibility for specific stakeholder relationships locally (working with DD).
- Commitment to promote innovation in placemaking, social impact, digital and sustainability in line with TCE ambition, strategy and values.
- Proactively manage business risk (incl H&S) and ensure that timely action is taken, including escalation, when required.
- Apply the principles established through the re-structure, agility, empowerment, delegation, drive innovation and customer focus.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Experience of development appraisals and feasibility to determine and identify viable development opportunities.
- Excellent communicator with experience of writing board reports and producing relevant documentation and reporting at key stages of development.
- Desirable to have experience across mixed use assets delivering large and complex developments in particular residential and commercial projects.
- Experience of delivering a complex development against a defined budget and challenging timescales.
- Relevant Real Estate, Surveying or Engineering qualification.
- Experience of leading a Procurement/Supply Chain process aligned with a large UK construction or development project.
- Excellent ability to negotiate, influence and build strong relationships internally and externally (including matrix reporting).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, resilient and skilled at diplomacy.
Advert close date: Tuesday 4th April 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert