Senior Rural Surveyor - Dorset
- Beach Baker Property Recruitment
- England, Dorset
- £36577 - £47335 per annum
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
Senior Rural Surveyor - Dorset
Beach Baker is delighted to be working with the UK's largest nature conservation charity to recruit a senior rural Surveyor to be based in Dorset.
This role is a unique opportunity to join their land team to help support the development phase of the innovative DEFRA funded Wareham Arc Landscape recovery project.
This is a full-time role but a limited period contract for up to 21 months.
In addition to supporting the development phase you will be supporting the Rural Surveying casework across reserves and property in South England to deliver a wide range of estate management.
The portfolio includes houses, visitors centres, farming businesses and general estate management across the landholding
The role can be home based to include travel around the Wareham Arc on a regular basis. A suitable office maybe available depending on your location.
Your role will be to:
- Liaise with landowners involved in the project, these include large institutional landowners as well as individuals.
- Agree contracts with the various landowners over project delivery to ensure the outcomes of the wider project can be achieved.
- Agree contracts with the partners in the project to set out responsibilities during the implementation phase of the project.
- Develop a contract with DEFRA to cover the implementation of the project, and how the results will be monitored.
- Support the wider Wareham Arc project team on various legal and land ownership considerations.
- Carry out wider Rural Surveying Estate Management duties
You will be joining a team comprising 10 Rural Surveyors, an Agri-Environment Grants Manager and Senior Administrator across England whilst working closely with the Wareham Arc project Team across Dorset.
Your qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Chartered member of RICS (Rural) or another equivalent professional organisation.
- Demonstrable post qualification knowledge of estate management, land and property acquisition and disposal work in the rural environment.
- An up to date understanding of agricultural subsidy schemes in England and associated cross compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of project management principles and their application.
What's in it for you
This role offers a varied, interesting and rewarding work programme to deliver conservation objectives and covers; estate management, land and building valuations/purchases/disposals, farm management, land management, forestry, renewable energy, landlord and tenant issues, residential lettings and commercial property issues, planning and development, sporting management, BPS and agri-environment agreement work, and project management.
How to apply
If you wish to apply or would like more information, please contact Dan Cole at email@example.com or 07443 880 834
Beach Baker provides specialist and comprehensive recruitment services to the Real Estate industry. The work we undertake is confidential, targeted, and impactful.
Our clients are dynamic, and we reflect that in our belief in challenging the conventional ways of working. We like to solve recruitment needs quickly and we recognise the significant relationship between company’s recruitment strategies and the candidates they hire.
Beach Baker appreciates the privilege of partnering our clients as a trusted recruitment advisor. We have a passion for property and therefore building strong personal connections and business relationships over the long term is very important to us all.
- To provide our clients with the highest quality recruitment services delivering efficient, professional, and business minded solutions.
- To act with integrity in all our work, placing the highest value on teamwork and partnering our clients.
- To build a sustainable, successful firm, focused on wellbeing of our team and supporting our local communities.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log onto www.beachbaker.co.uk
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert