Senior Town Planning Consultant - Bristol City Centre
Residential Schemes |Strategic Land | Environment & Sustainability
Salary: 41k - 50k
After huge succes and plans to expand, Beach Baker is proud to be working once again with a top tier national Planning and Regeneration Consultancy, with an opening for a Principal Planner to start within the Bristol City Centre Offices.
This is a huge opportunity to start with a successfull and growing consultancy that places great emphasis on the envrioment, sustainable initiavies and allowing their employees to get creative and think outside the box.
Our client has focused on Planning and Regeneration on a national basis, and thus far has cultivated huge success through establishing an increasingly active presence throughout the South West.
With a huge focus on work life balance, flexible working practices and a supportive culture, you'll be working for a firm that strives to continuously develop your skills and position, which in turn has fostered a tight knit and diverse team of planning consultants that hold a wealth of talent and experience.
- Housing delivery
- Town Centres, Retail and Leisure
- Creative Industries
You'll be based around plenty of local amenities, with no shortage of places to eat for lunch and direct transport links to anywhere in Bristol.
This role will entail around 65% of residential scheme focused projects, alongside engaging in Strategic Land duties (From the Town Planning perspective).
As a Principal Planning practitioner, you will be responsibility for defined pieces of work that aligns with the business functions, specific duties will include:
- Conducting planning activities with limited supervision from senior colleagues.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise.
- Day to day management of time in accordance with project objectives and budgets.
- Working on a range of projects to meet agreed client requirements and effective business function and deadlines.
- Maintaining professional membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Ability to provide day to day management of projects in agreement with the project lead.
- Ability to manage time and budgets within identified scope of fee agreements and to liaise with project lead on project management.
- Ability to draft fee proposals in consultation with project lead/senior colleagues.
- Strong professional report writing skills.
- Direct client liaison and provision of strategy advice as appropriate to experience and role within project team.
- Ability to act as a representative at meetings and external events.
- Ability to represent clients at appeal hearings.
- Ability to represent clients at committee meetings.
- Assistance with management of junior members of staff and supervision of workloads.
- RPTI Accredited degree
- Residential project experience
- 1-2 years experience at Senior Town Planner level within the UK
- Strategic Planning experience
- Land Promotion experience / interest
- An interest in exploring other directions for the business
- 27.5 Days Annual Leave
- Life Insurance (3x salary) - Increases on promotion
- Enhanced Long/Short Term Sickness Pay Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Health Insurance
- Eye Care Subsidiaries
- Health Shield
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Enhanced Pension
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Study Support - including full cover on subscription to RTPI
- Share Purchase scheme