Solar PV Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Due to rapid growth in the energy sector, we have an exciting opportunity for a multi-skilled solar PV project engineer to assist with overseeing the development of solar PV projects with our clients throughout the UK. Working closely with our ESG and Project Management teams you will ensure that projects are designed, installed and commissioned for our clients on time and within budget.
We are looking for someone who can easily commute to our London office on a hybrid basis.
As we are growing the Solar PV team, do get in touch if you are based anywhere in the UK as long as you are able to easily commute to one of our UK offices.
The key responsibilities for the role:
- Desktop solar 3D modelling.
- Solar PV feasibility report writing.
- Liaising with clients and internal teams on solar technical matters and advice.
- Site surveys for solar PV appraisal including roof, electrical and health and safety considerations to assist with de-risking client projects.
- Project management of solar PV projects working with internal teams, appointed specialist contractors, regulatory bodies (DNO, planning, structural) and clients.
- Support project work which can typically range from £100k to £1 Million.
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
- Meet target KPIs.
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning Experience
Experience, Skills & Qualifications required:
- Electrical engineer or similar qualification.
- Minimum 3 years PQE with developing commercial solar PV systems.
- Battery storage and/or electric vehicle charging knowledge/experience.
- Commercial real estate knowledge.
- Strong technical background in report writing and specification development.
- Experience with DNOs and G99 application process.
- Experience in 3D modelling, ideally PVSOL and Sketchup.
- Competent with AutoCAD.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across both private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle.
We’re a multi-skilled team of surveyors, engineers, ESG consultants, project managers and technical specialists operating across the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain and The Netherlands. We have a unique way of working and believe that people do things better by doing them together. We aim to do the right thing, be clear, transparent and find some fun along the way.
Why join us?
We are hardworking, progressive, successful and fun. We’re independently-owned and independently-minded, not afraid to give honest advice or to be ourselves. We aim to achieve the right balance for you, delivering excellent client service whilst supporting you in fulfilling your potential and achieving your goals.
We offer a highly attractive salary and a generous benefits package including:
- Life assurance and private medical insurance
- Season ticket loan
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- 25 days of holiday and an extra day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts and more
- EV car scheme
- Longevity awards
Hollis operates a hybrid-working policy giving employees the opportunity to work between their home and our offices, where their job allows it. In addition, employees are encouraged to request flexible working hours when needed and we work hard to accommodate where we can.
We are a sociable bunch and host pay day drinks, quarterly lunches, quiz nights and cultural and sporting activities to socialise and have fun with your colleagues. We also give back and take part in numerous charity events all over the country throughout the year.
Together we welcome, we embrace, and we celebrate our differences. Our aim is to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace which supports and cares for all our employees, including those from underrepresented or non-dominant groups. We’re focused on a culture of inclusion; where all barriers including prejudice are removed from our working environment; and where all our people are empowered to be the best they can be.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you would like the opportunity to join Hollis but your past experience is not an exact match, we encourage you to apply anyway as you could be the right candidate for this role or another role within the company.
If you require alternative formats of our documents or need to apply offline, please get in touch with the talent acquisition team: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7622 9555.