- Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
- Swansea, Nottingham, Bristol or Newcastle (Hybrid Working)
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Asset & Facilities Management, Commercial Property, Property Management
- Business Type
- Public Sector
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
Location: For this role you will be attached to one of our core locations in Swansea, Nottingham, Bristol or Newcastle, where presence at one of these sites will form part of the working arrangements agreed with you. Our hybrid working model allows you to work between home and office locations, giving you greater flexibility about where and when you work.
Reference number: 286496
We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice and welcome and encourage applications from everyone, such as ethnic minorities, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+.
To learn more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace and make DVSA a great workplace, visit our Careers website.
Do you enjoy working collaboratively towards common goals and achieving high-quality outcomes for colleagues and customers?
Have you got experience managing a diverse portfolio of properties?
Do you enjoy working in a commercial property environment and the challenge of negotiating property acquisitions and sales to achieve value for money?
If so, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Property Surveyor, you will support the strategic management of accommodation across circa 500 properties located throughout England, Scotland and Wales to meet the business needs and aspirations of the Agency. The role will require you to help deliver the programme of strategic asset management for the portfolio ensuring the estate meets property legislation and statute and is managed effectively to maximise occupation, best practice, value for money and financial efficiency.
The role of Property Surveyor is to represent the Corporate Estate Management Team in all property-related matters including but not limited to rates, disposals, acquisitions, landlord and tenant matters and contract management of agents acting on our behalf.
You will provide expert property advice and support to Property Investment Team, TFM team, Site Transition and Rationalisation Team and Operational and Enforcement colleagues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic advice, management, support and vision on the utilisation, development, and day to day estate management of the portfolio.
- Represent the DVSA as landlord or tenant in all matters associated with its commercial land and property assets including negotiations of new leases, lease renewals, rent reviews, legal and property disputes and valuation disputes.
- Undertake acquisition of land and buildings to achieve objectives of the DVSA and asset management plan.
- Manage property disposals whether freehold or leasehold, optimising capital receipts within an agreed time frame. Influence and agree closure strategy with Operational and Enforcement delivery teams.
- Provide valuation/appraisals, business cases and reports for all purposes.
Closing date: Friday 16th June 2023
Please click apply button to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert