Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property, transport and industry sectors. We’re dedicated to providing high-quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise and place great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success and strong pipeline, we are looking for a self-assured and motivated Quantity Surveyor to join our Midlands Property team in Birmingham. Candidates with experience in commercial offices, corporate real estate, education and residential sectors will have the opportunity to work on a diverse and exciting range of projects and programmes of work from £1m to £50m+ supporting a variety of high profile local and national clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to make an impact working in a growing, dynamic and sociable team. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, breadth of development and experience opportunities with the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
- Provide a full range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion, working both as part of a team and individually.
- Prepare cost plans, estimates, bills of quantities, tender documents.
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying services.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management and clients.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Develop client relationships and provide an outstanding level of service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.
- A high level of behavioural and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively both internally and with Clients.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, but also confidence and determination to deliver excellence in market-facing roles with clients.
- Experience working for a professional quantity surveying/cost management consultancy business, with a demonstrable track record of delivering a high-quality service.
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- Working towards final APC sitting in the next 12 months.
- Experience within at least one of the following sectors: Commercial Offices, Education, Residential - apartments, student accommodation.
- Working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- IT skills, such as MS office, excel, outlook, BIM / CAD measure, cost planning software CostX/CATO.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral team member.
- An ability to make your own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.