Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s largest project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £70 million and an expanding office base in the Asia Pacific region, Continental Europe, the UK and USA.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor in our Cambridge Office to focus on a variety of sectors including education, residential, Life Sciences and local government.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to build on the success of the current team and to help take forward a market-leading cost management business in the Eastern Region.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to:
- Lead and manage commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Take a hands-on approach to manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with Faithful+Gould’s project management, health & safety, building surveying and consult teams in project delivery.
- Take the lead, set the pace and monitor all work executed at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients.
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Managing assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying/Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion.
- Supporting procurement strategies.
- Site presence as required by specific project deliverables.
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents.
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying/Employer’s Agent services.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/clients.
- Assist in the mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartered member of the RICS (or equivalent).
- Hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Extensive experience with both private and public sector clients on major projects and a working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Commercially aware, work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- Experience across a variety of sectors.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- The necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software e.g. Cost-X.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- Full driving licence (desirable).
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from our wider international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.