Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Building Surveyor to join a public sector organisation based in Dorset.
The organisation operate within the blue light and emergency services sector, providing response and support to the public across the Dorset county. Their in-house Estates Department are responsible for the day-to day management of the organisation's corporate estate, including the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance and larger capital works projects.
The Estates Department are looking to appoint a new Building Surveyor to join their existing team, with a focus on revenue based building and maintenance projects. The role will be located at their West Dorset based HQ, with significant remote/hybrid working available.
Your new role
As the Building Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing surveying expertise for the implementation of the Estate's Maintenance Programme. This will include the delivery of a variety of planned, reactive and programmed maintenance projects from feasibility to completion. There may also be some assistance required on occasion with other capital refurbishment projects.
Key responsibilities -
- Manage a variety of planned, reactive and programmed maintenance projects
- Undertake condition surveys and produce build defect reports
- Prepare work specifications and appoint contractor teams
- Prepare and assist with annual condition reports that contribute to work programmes
- Administer and procure building maintenance contracts
- Manage and liaise with contractors on site
- Provide updates and progress reports to key internal stakeholders
- Ensure H&S and compliance standards are adhered to
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional membership preferred, but not essential i.e RICS/CIOB
- A relevant qualification in surveying or construction i.e HND/BSc
- Experience of managing a variety of building maintenance projects
- Proficient in undertaking condition surveys and preparing work specifications
- Sound knowledge of building maintenance / construction contracts
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744