As Senior QS you will be responsible for all contractural elements of a project working closely with the rest of the team - Estimators, Contract Managers and Accounts Team. The role will be office-based with site visits required from time to time to familiarise yourself with the works and introduce yourself to the client team.
You will be reporting directly to the Business Owners of and will be tasked with roles and responsibilities such as but not limited to;
- Read contracts;
- Study the terms and conditions thoroughly within the order highlight anything that may expose the company
- Items that are out of our scope to ensure that the payment terms are acceptable.
- Identify the name of the company we are working for ensuring credit checks carried out
- Valuations, Application for Payments, Payment certificates
- Once a project is secured the particulars to be entered into our system and confirmed with the client.
- Procurement & Commercial management of sub-contract accounts from tender to final account.
- Preparation & submission of interim payment applications
- Negotiated final account proposals to be approved with directors prior to agreeing any reductions.
- Uploading payment certificates to the system and passing to accounts dept. for invoicing.
- Identification & agreement of variations/site instructions (sub-contractors & main contractors).
- Pricing variations/site instructions and keeping clear and detailed records on our system. To make sure we get the most value and profit out of the job, claiming for what we are entitled to without upsetting the client.
- Early identification of project cost related problems, including implementing & overseeing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Value Engineering where possible without affecting quality of the works.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies if/where required.
- Ensuring that contract cashflow is constantly maintained.
- Preparing turnover and profit forecasts per job.
- Assisting the estimating & procurement departments.
- Any contractural issues that may arise - EOT, NCR, Loss & Expense claims, etc.
- Dispute resolution.
- Preparation of monthly cost reports, financial reporting to directors on regular basis
- Attend final account meetings.
- Regular meetings with Contracts Mangers
Any variations/SI’s that are required are to be priced and shown to the client with a breakdown showing labour, materials, travel and prelims and mark up all clearly shown. They client will need to issue a Site Instruction/Order for these additional works confirming the price. These are to be saved against the job under the variations tab with the following information for each variation;
- Quantity of materials and prices against them.
- The labour allowed for clearly shown so works can be programmed accordingly.
- The duration the variation will take and impact on programme.
- A marked up set of drawings with your take off’s showing how you have arrived at your measure.
- The profit that this variation has on it.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Clear, concise, detailed notes and correspondence are to be kept against all projects. Anything relating to a project is to be uploaded on the in house system/database including all phone calls, emails, notes, images, site visits, etc. It is essential that this is done for our records, all attachments and uploads are to be tagged/labelled accordingly.
The above is subject to change as we progress and the in-house system is developed.