We are seeking to hire two experienced residential surveyors to carry out mortgage valuations and provide general property/valuation guidance and advice to our Head Office departments and branch network.
These positions come with homeworking arrangements and a requirement to attend regular reviews in our Head Office (Belfast).
Progressive Building Society
We are a leading local financial institution with a proud reputation for customer service excellence and with our personal and caring approach, we support generations of local people to save and become homeowners. With a strong high street presence and ambitious growth plans, our vision is to be the savings and mortgage provider of choice in Northern Ireland.
Reporting to the Mortgage Underwriting Manager, the successful candidates will liaise with customers, occupiers and colleagues in a busy role carrying out valuations of diverse residential properties across a defined geographic region.
We have a vacancy for a valuer with a coverage area of BT1 – BT23, BT27, BT36 – BT41 which includes Greater Belfast, Ards & North Down and South Antrim.
For the second valuer position, the coverage area will be BT42 – BT57 and includes North Antrim, Mid Ulster and the North West.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking thorough inspections with assessment of condition, size, locality and any environmental factors likely to impact on value.
- Producing good quality reports with accurate assessments of value by using expert knowledge and awareness of the local market within the required timeframe.
- Providing management and mortgage teams with support in terms of general property and valuation tasks, drive-by inspections, re-inspections and post valuation queries, in an efficient manner.
- RICS Qualified Surveyor (MRICS or FRICS) Registered Valuer (VRS accredited) or eligible for VRS registration
- Minimum 2 years relevant post qualification experience in the Northern Ireland property market.
- The ability to demonstrate a proven claims free track record.
- Be an independent and reliable worker capable of prioritising their workload and meeting targets/deadlines.
- Have a methodical and professional approach towards the role and a positive attitude to customer service.
- Be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with colleagues, management and customers.
What’s on offer
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid Working model
- Annual KPI Bonus Scheme
- Excellent pension with up to 20% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Health cash plan with money back on dental, optical costs etc.
- Generous holidays – 25 days plus up to 12 Bank Holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Car Allowance
- Opportunity to gain exposure in a supportive environment
- Excellent training and volunteering opportunities
- Wellbeing initiatives
Please ensure your CV is up to date and fully demonstrates the qualifications and essential competencies required to meet our shortlisting criteria. Please inform us on your CV about any special arrangements or adjustments that you may need us to put in place for you if we invite you to interview. This will help us to help you.
Please include your current salary and what your salary expectations are for this role. As part of our hiring process, credit checks and criminal record checks will be carried out. We will also require evidence of your permanent right to work in the UK.
Progressive Building Society is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.