Purpose of the Position:
- To contribute to the property team objectives and spend time in each area of the business function. In doing this you will be involved in several work streams including property maintenance, compliance, development and acquisitions.
- Your primary role will to be support the capital works programme across the estate and to carry out stock condition surveys to assist in developing a long-term estates strategy.
- Develop & maintain effective communications with ALL Staff; Service Users; Visitors & Contractors.
- You will be supported in enrolling onto the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence and will rotate through different functions of Asset Management over a two-year period.
- We will provide for APC support and you will be assigned a specific supervisor. You will be able to attend organised CPD events and have case study support which will increase your mandatory, core and technical skills required for the final APC assessment.
Principle Responsibilities & Duties:
- Contribute to developing a wider estate strategy and policies to support the effective management of the estate and related assets.
- Work on budgets, expenditures, and reconciliations.
- To work within property maintenance - inspecting properties, attending meetings at both homes and with supply chain partners and identifying opportunities for maximising value for money.
- Supporting the team with the completion and computation of JCT contracts and acting as supervising officer as required.
- Undertaking inspections and measurement of property in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice/IPMS
- To update, manage and interrogate data through QFM.
- Weekly reporting and monitoring on progress contributing to the capital programme.
- Liaising with planning departments on de-risking sites prior to disposal, carrying out inspections, measurements and valuations using RICS guidance documents, providing internal reports for the Trust.
No job description can give a complete account of all aspects of a post. From time to time demands of the organisation will require adjustments in the responsibilities of the post.
Number of Direct Reports:
Responsibility for managing approved budgets.
Knowledge, skills & Abilities:
- RICS accredited degree essential
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation, current relevant topics. To understand the premises directions and all RICS compliance
- Some experience of working on property portfolios
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Team Player.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop relationship.